MDM recruits 01 Finance and Administrative Manager (Fin/RH/Log) – Slovakia
Médecins du Monde Belgium (MdM BE) is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and in the rest of the world.
We aim for universal health coverage where every person has access to health care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographical, etc.).
In Belgium and in the world, our projects are aimed at all people who do not have or no longer have access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
- Caring: providing real access to care for populations.
- Accompanying: more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
- Witness: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to all our organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM BE recently conducted a fact-finding mission in the neighbouring countries of Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict. MdM-BE is starting operations in Slovakia and Hungary to support refugees for a better access to healthcare with a focus on Mental Health and psychosocial support.
GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In line with mission statement and the objectives of MdM BE, the Finance and Administrative Manager is in charge of financial, administrative (logistics & HR), of project in order to ensure project implementation through efficient use of resources in Slovakia. The position acts in close collaboration with the other members of the Senior Management Team to support the development of MdM BE’s presence in Slovakia.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, as a Finance and Administrative Manager, you will be responsible for the Coordination of the HR, logistics and Finance of MdM Belgium mission in Slovakia and Hungary. As such, you will be responsible of the implementation of the HR processes, Financial follow-up and logistic organization of the mission.
HR admin Management:
- Anticipate the HR needs with the project coordinator;
- Recruit the national employees, collect and analyze working regulation and requirement regard to national labor law
- Follow up the HR processes. (Contracts, insurances,… )
- Ensure timely and accurate data entries in cashbook, bankbook and SAGA following MdM procedure
- Manages safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing of vouchers and archiving of accounting and financial documents
- Before commitment / payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated to, ensuring full compliance with
- Validate partner’s accounting and documentation accuracy and compliance before payment.
- Define the logistics needs in the mission and ensure the implementation
- Lead the organization of the logistics setup of the mission in every aspects: procurement, assets (including IT and communication), stock and fleet management (+ archiving), facility management (working and living conditions)
- Implements all MdM-Be logistics policies, procedures and follow-up tools (i.e. reports, procurement plan)
- Ensure timely, cost, efficient and transparent management of every logistics aspects (procurement, asset, stock and fleet management of the project.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
The job position is located in Slovakia / Hungary but the candidate should be prepared to travel frequently.
This ToR is due possible changes as the mission developing
The Finance and Administrative Manager must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MdM BE Charter of values.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience in humanitarian NGO in Logistics, HR and/or Finance
- Experience in the opening of a project/ mission
- Strong Interest in the areas of intervention of the project and interest in human rights, particularly the right to health;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a project coordination function in an international NGO, ideally in health;
Competencies/languages and other skills:
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships
- Strong leadership and ability to work directly or remotely with team members or partners ;
- Organizational, strategic and operational planning skills, listening skills, team spirit, responsiveness, anticipation, ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work autonomously and to work under pressure in a complex and volatile environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French or local language an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Driving license “B” category is mandatory
- Mobility and flexibility: Frequent travel within Slovakia and Hungary abroad if needed.
- Effective and efficient communication with others, strong writing and analytical skills, diplomacy and management of institutional relations;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
WHAT WE OFFER – International Profil
- International Contract ;
- An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
- Job location : Main location in Hungary and frequent trips to Slovakia
- A full-time contract.
- Duration : 1 month(extendable)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Salary : a gross salary of 3042.9€ for 5 years of experience ; a gross salary of 3170.9€ for 10 years of experience ; perdiem included in gross salary. Relevant experience recognized.
- A package of advantages (insurance, accommodation allowance,…).
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) using the appropriate form. MdM BE thanks you for your interest in our organization and wishes you every success in your path.
MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications. We respond to all candidates.
MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated confidentially.
In the context of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months.
Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes.