MdM France recruits 01 Programme coordinator
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will supervise the overall project team and ensure close collaboration between the medical and administrative departments. You will propose evolution of the strategy, potential new partnerships and adaptation of the modalities of intervention to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Follow up legal and operational context development and prepare an update for the monthly reporting
- Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the specific project areas and update the desk manager accordingly
- Ensure that security rules are properly applied by the project team, propose updates if necessary
- Ensure the implementation of the programme and its follow-up in its different aspects: medical, administrative and logistical
- Maintain the map of project activities and update it accordingly
- Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authorities
- In link with the medical manager, ensure MEAL tools are in place and regularly share collected data with the desk manager
- Animate projects and strategy planning meetings with the team; participate in strategic meetings with the desk manager and the associative referent
- Report any issues related to partners activities and regularly update the tools follow-up
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partners
- Maintain a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial reporting for partners projects
- Maintain partners MoUs and update them based on developments of the projects
- Manage the administrator, the medical manager and the liaison officer
- Be responsible for the respect of MdM internal rules, obligations and ensure the well-being of all team members
- Animate a weekly team meeting, ensure adequate information flow and maintain an effective communication and cooperation between all team members
- Prepare monthly context report in coordination with the desk manager
- Compile monthly project activities including data report and submit to the desk manager
- Guarantee familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with donors and MdM procedures
- Be responsible of the budget; ensure that monthly financial information is sent to finance department in HQ; monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the desk manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 816 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 3 years of experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, in similar positions, preferably within the health sector
Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing
Experience in partnership development and management
Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
Good organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations
Excellent computer and reporting skills
Good communication skills
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions and unstable situations
English and Arabic mandatory (oral and written)
Experience in remote-control and remote-management programmes
Experience/knowledge of the region
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.