MBA Summer Intern
Ville, Pays: Bamako, Mali or Thies, Senegal
Référence cDiscussion: 1012095
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 3 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 15-03-2016
Publié le 24/02/2016 à 22h18min33s
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
myAgro is undergoing an exciting period of growth as we seek to double our reach every year. Working at myAgro provides tremendous opportunity to help develop cutting-edge pilots and programs, to grow quickly as a leader, and to shape the long-term success of this enterprise. We pride ourselves on innovation and creating scalable solutions that are appropriate for our farmers, their families and communities. Our rapidly growing team currently includes 20+ expatriate staff based across West Africa and the US, along with over 200 local hire staff.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial and committed individuals with a track record of exceptional impact. Please see below for current vacant positions, or drop us a line with information about your qualifications at email@example.com.
MBA Summer Intern
Location: Bamako, Mali or Thies, Senegal
Language Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Duration: 3 months
About the MBA Internship
The myAgro MBA Internship is a competitive 3-month program for MBA students looking to make significant impact on the operations and management of a growing and award-winning social enterprise. myAgro MBA Interns work alongside the organization’s senior leadership in Mali or Senegal to tackle significant operational and management challenges. Interns are expected to deliver robust final products, and will have potential to make significant impact on the long-term success of this high-impact organization.
Sample projects may include:
- Lead market analysis for regions under consideration for program expansion. Analyze past expansion data to identify critical village- and regional-level factors impacting success, as measured by farmer enrollment and savings rates.
- Research the structure and organization of successful private sector sales teams and franchise models. Develop compelling recommendations and financial models for how myAgro might structure its field team and vendor network to increase impact and reduce costs.
- Establish new country-wide accounting procedures to streamline tracking of finances between field teams, country headquarters, and the organization at large.
- Current MBA/masters student with 3+ years work experience.
- Full proficiency in both English and French – unfortunately we cannot make exceptions
- Background in management consulting or finance highly desirable.
- Previous work, study, or travel experience in a developing country is highly desirable.
Additionally, you should have proven experience:
- Working independently on self-directed projects with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Moving past roadblocks quickly, positively, and effectively
- Maintaining a high degree of flexibility
- This is an unpaid internship. Applicants are encouraged to seek funding through their schools and/or other sources.
- myAgro will provide secure, shared housing.