MAGNA recruits 01 Operational HR Specialist/Referent
MAGNA is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian organization whose objective is to provide medical aid to populations in crisis. MAGNA organizes humanitarian medical projects to help people in need, whether through poverty, disease, war, or ecological disaster and regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality. MAGNA is independent of all states and institutions, as well as of all political, economic or religious influences.
MAGNA recruits medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, MAGNA has achieved respectable results. MAGNA for over 20 years has focused on providing medical care (primary, secondary, nutrition, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases) in countries such as South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia among others.
The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams. The field operations are guided and supported by Operational Centre and Cells with personnel based in Bratislava and decentralized around the world and covering specific geographical area and other departments and services supporting operations, including the Human Resources Unit.
CONTEXT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
The Operational HR Referent is an Operations Centre partner who contributes to achieve the operational challenges in each cell from the HR function analysing and proposing actions to guarantee that the field teams have the right people in the right structures performing well towards clear objectives and under the frame of MAGNA policies and principles.
The Operational HR Referent is the functional referent of the Human Resources Coordinator (HRCo) in the field to whom s/he provides support and challenges to find field adapted solutions combining a good balance between immediate and long term needs.
- S/he will disseminate and pursue the implementation of the policies and standards defined by the HR Department in the field promoting the use of HR kit and other specific tools and guidelines
- Monitors the global performance of MAGNA teams and promotes actions like revision of set-up or individual plans with the HRCo when needed.
- Ensures the alignment of the HR unit policies and standards with those of other departments represented in Operation Centre and Cells, and that result is appropriate with the context of the mission.
- Ensures the quality of the programmes as well as the respect for legal obligations and MAGNA humanitarian principles in the missions managed by the cell, through technical supervision, follow-up and advice.
- From the constant analysis of results achieved in the field, the Operational HR Referent feeds the HR department with information that can lead to transversal initiatives or evolution of the current ones.
The Operational HR Referent is part of the Operational Centre (OC). The Operational Centre is a matrix-like “team set-up” integrating members of the different services or departments of MAGNA as the basis for direct support and guidance to the missions within the each Cell’s portfolio and made up of Operation Coordinator, Medical Referent, Supply Chain Referent, Finance Controller and Operational HR Referent.
S/he is hierarchically accountable to the Head of the Operation Centre, while functionally linked to the the Human Resources Coordinator of the HR Unit (if available).
The Operational HR Referent is functional supervisor of the HRCos in the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Provide strategic advice to the Head of Operation Centre and Operation Coordinators on some HR situations.
- Provide strategic and technical support to field teams in all phases of the project cycle for regular, exploratory and emergency missions.
- Check the coherence of the field HR strategy of the projects within portfolio, ensuring it aligned with both Operations and HR unit, providing HR advice when drafting the annual planning of the projects.
- Supervise and give support in the implementation of HR policies and plans, ensuring that the Organisation’s HR principles, guidelines, and policies are implemented.
- Ensure compliance of the labour obligation with the local labour legislation, making sure MAGNA is a Responsible Employer.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and management of HR in the field.
- Transmit missions’ HR requirements to the HR unit, making sure they are pertinent, and coherent with local capacity in the field, to ensure appropriate procurement of resources, by Recruitment and Pool Management Unit, to missions.
- Follow up key CMT field staff (departure and return, integration to the missions and projects, identification of potentials, follow-up and evaluation, development, potential expatriation of national staff, etc.) together with the HRCO.
- Follow up Behaviours Issues and support conflict resolution.
- Participate as a member in the critical incident team when required and if needed
- Follow up the HR management in the projects through field visits and technical reports; and react in case of discrepancies.
- Monitor, guide and support the HRCo in the implementation of HR work plans at mission level.
- Give support to the HR teams in the field when drafting the technical parts of reports for donors.
- Participate in Human Resources processes and training, collaborating with the rest of the Cell and HR (defining JPs, field positions assignment, HRCOs development, Bf/Dbf, courses/information sessions, etc.).
- Contribute to Operational Centre and each Cell participating actively in decision making processes
- Manage the communication channels with the teams in the field and /or the HR Department, for issues that affect assigned portfolio.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the HRCo pool in MAGNA guaranteeing that each assignment is a personal opportunity for an HRCo to grow thanks to the Operational HR Referent guidance.
Expériences / Formation
Education and experience
- A person with a clear operational focus.
- Minimum 4 years experience in HR management. Field experience with NGOs within the humanitarian field in coordination positions, ideally as HR Coordinator and/or Field Coordinator is an asset.
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or similar will be an asset.
- Postgraduate courses in HR management will be an asset.
- Consolidated experience in HR management.is requested.
- Coaching skills.
- Expertise in the use of basic HR management tools (job profiles, evaluations…).
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context and projects.
- Experience in conflict management will be a strong asset
- Experience in creation of HR development plans will be an asset
- Fluent English. French is highly desirable.
- IT knowledge as advanced user. Knowledge of Homére is an asset.
- Commitment to MAGNA Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Security Awareness and Management
- Analytical Thinking, used to work with indicators and capable to propose plans from the analysis done.
- Capacity of Influence.
- Availability to travel frequently and on short notice to the field.
- Representation skills.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- Based in Bratislava or Prague at the MAGNA office with possibility of homeoffice and with occasional visits to the field (2/3 times per year)
- Super Gross salary (untaxed): 2.123 – 2.579EUR
- Full time job
- Contract duration: Open Ended Contract subjected to probation period of 3 months.
- Starting date: July 2022
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered:
“Social Media Officer”.
E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.).