Maersk Line recruits 01 Region Ocean Product Manager – Detention & Demurrage
Cape Town, South Africa
Transports et logistique
Region Ocean Product Manager – Detention & Demurrage
ZA – Cape Town
Do you enjoy talking to many different customers and colleagues across the globe each day? Are you also ready to take your career to new heights and join an industry leading transformation in delivering truly end-to-end logistics solutions? Then you should join Maersk – a global leader in logistics working to simplify the global supply chains and trade market!
Maersk is looking for a commercially focused and driven candidate to take up the new and exciting role Region Ocean Product Manager – Detention & Demurrage in Cape Town.
He/She will own and be responsible for regional product development, testing and launch of Detention & Demurrage (D&D) add-on products. Must have the ability to understand our customer needs and develop solutions that aim to solve customer pain points through a scalable D&D product delivery. In addition, he/she must have the ability to price and drive revenue from potential and existing D&D product suite. He/She is further responsible for governance of the existing D&D product portfolio in accordance with the global product and charge governance and framework and provides feedback to our Center Charge Management Excellence team on any ongoing global reviews and/or initiatives. Enables constant improvement to optimise value for Maersk and customer experience. Takes a role in the product lifecycle to evaluate, give feedback and test products. Is accountable for local regulatory compliance.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Working at Maersk brings a unique blend of being part of a rich heritage and an enthusiastic, youthful, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in rewarding and recognizing individual performances within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
Collaborative and commercial mindsets are the key cornerstones of being a high performer in Maersk. Ours being a network business, it is key that you are able to think and act beyond your own domain and geography of work. By commercial mindset we mean your ability to think of the benefits for the customer; in whatever action, you take, irrespective of your position and role.
The role as Region Ocean Product Manager (D&D) offers a great opportunity to be part of building a winning team and be a strong enabler in shaping the success of our increased focus on Project Logistics.
You will be part of a new build African team as desire to deliver best in class service, effective communication, cost awareness and continuous performance which supports our growth aspirations and the success of our customers within Project Logistics.
• Own and responsible for regional product development, testing and launch of Detention & Demurrage (D&D) add-on products.
• Understand our customer needs and develop solutions with the objective to solve customer pain points through a scalable D&D product delivery.
• Prices and drives revenue from potential and existing D&D product suite.
• Internally sell new D&D product offerings and/or manages changes to existing D&D products with our commercial organization.
• Drives data driven discussions to review opportunities for product development and/or existing product adoption
• Responsible for governance of the existing D&D product portfolio in accordance with the global product and charge governance and framework and provides feedback to our Center Charge Management Excellence team on any ongoing global reviews and/or initiatives.
• Follows up and addresses D&D performance, compliance and application locally.
• Collects market intelligence and feedback to improve the D&D product portfolio.
• Inputs regular D&D product evaluations (including tariffs based on future outlook).
• Ensures plans and offerings on maersk.com are up to date for Area/ Region content and promotions.
• Provides input/feedback on global product portfolio and idea generation process.
• Sets up products/charges and tariffs locally based on global framework (review).
• Regulates surcharges and compliance locally, including terms and conditions and rules and restrictions.
• Has D&D product responsibility, including local policies for how to approve exceptions.
• Involved in product development, testing and launching of products that meet the needs of our customers.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor degree
• 5+ years of product management and/or business development experience within the Logistic & Service industry.
• Strategic thinking
• Stakeholder management
• Good communication skills
• Able to handle ambiguity
• Commercial skills
• Change management experience
• Sales & Negotiation
• Solutions minded
• Pricing & revenue management
• Analytical skills
• Market and Industry knowledge
Closing date for job application: August 24th, 2022.
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.POSTULER