L’OMS recrute 01 Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant – (1900564)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 2 years (Extension is subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Job Posting : Feb 4, 2019, 11:25:36 AM
Closing Date : Feb 18, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location : Egypt-Cairo
Organization : EM/DAF General Management
Schedule : Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The procurement support services unit is responsible for procurement and delivery of goods and services essentially needed for the implementation of WHO collaborative programme activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Review and dispatch correspondences and Invitations to Bids (ITB), Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotations (RFQ) and ensure that the communication has been sent properly to bidders. Screen and classify responses and prepare files for the received inquiries and responses. Liaise with Technical Assistants to send award and regret emails to suppliers based on final evaluation.
2. Publishing bidding requests using In-Tend web-based system. Following up deadlines for technical and financial submissions in the system. Handle interactions with suppliers. This involves receiving queries and classifying responses
3. Follow up on the implementation of unit activities and ensure timely submission of unit’s contributions; respond to and act on telephone enquiries, assess the urgency of unit matters and refer them to appropriate staff for action, inform and remind professional staff in the unit of deadlines, provide supporting material as appropriate.
4. Receive, screen and log local purchase orders received in EMRO by e-mail and send them to the relevant unit, requestor and suppliers. Follow up with GSC on delayed output reports. Provide advice and guidance to BCs in this regard. Follow up on receiving acknowledgments from Goods suppliers and upload them in GSM.
5. Organize the travels of the unit’s staff members. This includes raising travel requests in GSM, requesting itineraries, obtaining visas, arranging hotel bookings, requesting security clearance, etc.
6. Screen and monitor unit’s GSM/HR Dashboard, for all staff categories; initiate related HR actions such as new appointments, extension of contracts, etc in coordination with HRS and BFO units. Follow up with staff members on timely submission of their PMDS. Initiate correspondences to verify information, answer queries, obtain additional information on HR matters, keep records of HR action for each staff
7. Act as unit’s GSM Leaves Administrator, through monitoring the attendance and leaves of unit’s staff; using GSM absence dashboard, verify leaves against attendance system, follow up with staff to ensure confirmation of leaves and inform supervisors of excess leaves /absence. Respond to staff queries related to leave system and coordinate with GSC and HR to solve any related issues.
8. Arrange for the RCRC meetings and follow-up with related unit to ensure that RCRC has obtained all signatures. Custodian of RCRC files in assigned cabinets Manage an electronic repository for signed memos for retrieving information.Gather and consolidate relevant data required for reporting and presentation to decision makers.
9. Initiate Tender opening committee meetings for sealed bids and act as the secretary of the meeting. Verify and register the financial offers and coordinate signing the report, presenting it to the technical assistant.
10. Maintain and update unit’s filing system and intranet site.
11. Perform other duties related to area of work and replace other administrative staff in the unit, as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least five years’ progressive administrative experience
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Good filing and organizational skills. – Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors. – Good drafting skills. – Very good time management and stress management skills. – Very good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide applicable to the administrative level an asset.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EGP 177,136 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
• This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
• Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
• A written test may be used as a form of screening.
• In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
• Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
• For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
• WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
• WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
• This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.