Le PNUD recrute 01 spécialiste de l’audit
|Description de l’offre|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Female candidates and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Office of Audit and Investigations (OAI) reports to the Administrator and is responsible for internal audit and investigations services to UNDP and its affiliated entities. OAI provides independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls. As part of its assurance work, OAI also reviews the annual audit exercise of non-governmental/nationally implemented projects (HACT/NIM projects) in some 150 countries where UNDP operates and reviews and analyses the resulting audit reports submitted by audit firms and government audit institutions.
OAI has a decentralized organizational structure with Directorate and other headquarter units, based in New York, and Regional Audit Centres (RAC) located in the five regions: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Pretoria (South Africa), Dakar (Senegal), Panama City (Panama) and Istanbul (Turkey).
The RAC is staffed with a Chief (P-5 level), four Audit Specialists (2P-4 and 2 P-3), and one Administrative Associate (G-6 level).
The Audit Specialist reports to the Chief of the RAC for North, West, and Central Africa (RAC-NWCA) that covers 26 UNDP country offices in the regions The primary role of the Audit Specialist is to perform internal audits of UNDP country offices in the region and to review the reports resulting from the HACT/NIM annual audit exercise The location of the offices covered by the RAC-NWCA may include undertaking audit assignments in areas with hardship or hazardous working conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• As member of an audit team and under the supervision of the team leader, prepare/participate in the preparation of risk-based audit plans/programmes.
• Prepare working papers for review by the audit team leader.
• Draft specific parts of audit reports for review by the team leader.
• Monitor the implementation of agreed recommendations and advise on problem areas.
• Participate in the annual review of HACT/NIM audit reports that covers projects implemented by either national institutions or non-governmental organizations. This includes:
• Review of annual HACT/NIM audit plans submitted by country offices;
• Qualitatively assess the HACT/NIM audit reports received.
• Assess country office follow-up action plans;
• Preparation of HACT/NIM review letters and supervision to consultants engaged in the HACT/NIM exercise.
• Participate in the annual exercise for the audit of projects directly implemented by UNDP, which includes the following tasks: .
• Review thef annual DIM plan and support the preparation of RFP to external audit firms;
• Assess qualitatively and quantitatively proposals for audit services received from audit firms;
• Oversee the work by audit firms and provides clarifications to external audit firms;
• Assess draft and final reports produced by external audit firms;
• Assess the performance of the work performed by the audit firms.
• As member of an audit team, conduct specific elements of the assignment in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policy guidelines.
• Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management practices.
• Document findings and communicate orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement
• Recommend actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
• Provide guidance and advice to country offices in respect of the HACT/NIM audit process.
• Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conduct special assignments including management reviews, advisory services or consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
• Undertake frequent, and at times extended, missions to UNDP offices in the region, including to areas with hazardous working conditions.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
• Participate in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
• Perform other assignments or tasks as determined by the RAC Chief or OAI Directorate.
• Ability to make new and useful ideas work
• Ability to persuade others to follow
• People Management
• Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
• Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
• Ability to get things done
• Embraces extra responsibility.
• Build team morale & consensus.
• Task Management Skills
• Produces timely, quality outputs.
• Exercises sound judgment/analysis.
• Develops creative solutions.
• Ability to handle multiple task
• Building & Sharing Knowledge
• Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas.
• Makes valuable practice contributions.
• Applies existing knowledge to work.
• Provides advice & support to others.
• Provide constructive coaching and feedback.
• Acts as long-term mentor for others.
• Acts on personal development plan.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and/or perform the following services with relevant professional standards:
• Internal audits
• Performance audits
• Project audits
• Advisory services
Demonstrated ability to use the following tools:
• Microsoft Office suite
• Electronic working paper software
• Enterprise Resource Planning systems
Required Skills And Experience
• Advanced university degree (Masters) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
• A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation desirable.
• Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit.
• Working experience in an International Organization or Supreme Audit Institution is desirable.
• Field experience is an advantage.
• Experience in performance audits is an advantage.
• Fluency in French and English is required.
• Working knowledge of other UN official languages (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is an advantage.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Submit your application to the following address :