Entreprise/Structure: Ambassade de la Grande Bretagne à Dakar
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 28-02-2016
Publié le 23/02/2016 à 23h11min33s
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
• Building and implementation of a coherent communications strategy for Senegal and Francophone West Africa, in line with institutional and operational priorities and fundraising needs, working with all department leads
• Ensure that the annual communications planner is up to date and timely shared with the region
• Ensure that British Council Senegal is appropriately represented within BC global internal communication channels (regional intranet, bulletin and other internal media)
• Ensure delivery of appropriate communications materials for visibility and fundraising purposes for all departments (case studies, impact stories, photo stories, videos, blogs and other materials relating to BC activities).
• Ensure all media and communication material are compliant and aligned with British Council values, policies and procedures (including branding, sign off procedures and EDI standards)
Digital Communications and Social Media:
• Manage all British Council Senegal internal and internal communication supports (Intranet, external website, Facebook page).
• Monitor and identify trends in Senegal and Francophone West Africa social media, market intelligence and insight to support effective strategies, plans and audience reach
• Working with all teams to develop, implement and maintain an imaginative and comprehensive social media presence using a wide variety of tools, setting ambitious targets and monitoring success.
• Identify, build relationships and pro-actively engage with influential bloggers, journalists and on-line commentators and media agencies relevant to our work
• Assist with media relations and other promotional activities related to all projects, including: placing articles, arranging press conferences and media briefings and online dissemination, advert placements and other media related tasks.
• Maintaining an active and up to date database of press and media contacts.
• Produce compelling media products such as press releases, key messages/speaking points and Q&As for all relevant areas of work
• Support all departments in events planning, ensuring that appropriate comms plan are in place and the events are appropriately reported in a timely fashion to the country office and regional communications supports.
• Compile monthly reports detailing broadcast, tracking mentions, trends/engagement levels with analysis of data to inform future online presence and approach
• Provide corporate returns as required on our social media / digital reach, channels, audiences and digital engagement figures.
• Act as Scorecard coordinator for Senegal, supporting teams and submitting quarterly returns on time and to corporate standards.
Information Knowledge Management (IKM)
• Act as the IKM focal point for British Council Senegal, taking responsibility for championing and enforcing IKM best practice. This includes working with all departments to ensure continuous progress in the Country Information Assurance Maturity model (CIAMM) and owning the associated Risk reporting in the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF).
Continuous Professional Development
• Engage in professional networks and continuous professional development to ensure that knowledge and expertise are kept updated.
Special requirements for the job
The post holder will be expected to travel within Senegal and internationally. As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time. Occasional attendance at events during evenings and weekends.
Skills and qualifications
- Bi-lingual English and French (equivalent to C1 level on the Common European Framework of Reference).
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English producing materials for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists and the ‘general public’
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to produce compelling media products such as press releases, key messages/speaking points and Q&As
- University degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
For more details on the job, see attached below:-
The British Council is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.