La Banque Mondiale recruits 01 E T Consultant (Procurement Specialist)
La Banque Mondiale
Banque et Assurances
E T Consultant (Procurement Specialist)
Job # : req10141
Organization : World Bank
Sector : Procurement
Grade : EC2
Term Duration : 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type : Local Recruitment
Location : Accra,Ghana
Required Language(s) : English, French
Preferred Language(s) :
Closing Date : 12/4/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Governance Global Practice (GGP) comprises a variety of different professional disciplines working on public institutions, including procurement, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and financial management.
The GGP interventions range from diagnostics, technical assistance and advisory services, knowledge management and sharing, creating peer learning platforms, lending and reform project implementation, and monitoring and reporting. An important part of its responsibilities is to deliver operational support to other Practices, including through inputs for policy-based operations, hands-on implementation advice and direct fiduciary due diligence of investment financing.
The Solutions and Innovations in Procurement (SIP) Department convenes a leading group of practitioners focused on advancing cutting-edge practices and innovations in the fields of procurement, anti-corruption and open government. To enhance its capacity seeks to recruit/appoint a highly organized, energized and experienced professional, capable of operating effectively in west and central Africa.
The E T Consultant (Procurement Specialist) will be working under the oversight and guidance of an Accredited Practice Manager. The duty station for this position is Accra, Ghana.
Scope of Work
· Provides technical fiduciary advice on procurement activities and engage in policy dialogue to strengthen procurement systems.
· Supports clients in achieving value for money in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
· Understand relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
· Participates in missions and plays a key role in developing practical approaches to procurement while simultaneously dealing with difficult policy and operational issues.
· Prepares and/or comments on draft operational directives and policy papers; produces major/complex reports.
· Develops and executes training modules on complex sector related procurement topics.
The work implies frequent interaction with the following stakeholders:
· Management in his duty station and in some occasions in HQ or other countries.
· Government officials and equivalent contacts in other international organizations, partner entities, etc.
· Procurement specialists within the World Bank and government units.
· Counterparts in the Bank across VPUs, Global Practices and other units involved in meeting the Bank’s business objectives.
· Other external constituencies and expert groups.
· High levels of integrity.
· Excellent command of French. English is highly desirable as well.
· An advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, public policy, etc.).
· Master’s degree in any relevant areas.
· Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc…
· Minimum of 5 years of direct relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement inside or outside the World Bank.
· Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
· Good communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, negotiating and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing.
· Client-driven and a sense of personal responsibility for achieving a technical quality and timeliness.
· Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple stakeholders and constraints.
· Analytical skills to recognize patterns, extract conclusions and strategies out of information coming from multiple sources and in a variety of forms.
· Results-oriented to act as a trusted, strategic advisor, partnering with clients to deliver results.
Specific Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
· Knowledge on institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries.
· Understanding of the World Bank’s business objectives, products and project cycle.
· Understanding of political economy, public policy, public systems and public management.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of project management tools & methodologies.
· Ability to manage complex, multi-functional, cross-regional projects/programs including managing relationships with stakeholders & counterparties.
· Good understanding of risk management
This appointment will last 1 year extendable to 2 depending on the performance and the business need.
Note : The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.