Japan Foundation: Seeking Applications for Institutional Project Support (IPS) Small Grant Program
Deadline: 1 November 2018
The Japan Foundation (JF) is currently accepting applications for its Institutional Project Support (IPS) Small Grant Program to:
- Support institutions that face difficulties maintaining current levels of infrastructure due to cuts in funding for Japanese studies in the US;
- Stimulate interest in Japanese studies by small and newer institutions without an established program of Japanese studies or those that lack personnel or resources; and
- Provide support for particularly innovative programs that promote Japanese Studies.
Maximum of $25,000 for project length of up to 12 months.
- Projects from institutions that face difficulties maintaining current levels of infrastructure.
- Projects from small institutions and institutions without an established program of Japanese Studies or those that lack personnel or resources.
- Projects that initiate or sustain institutional partnerships, including those in Japan.
- Only submissions from U.S. institutions and organizations with 501(c)(3) status will be accepted.
- Applicants to this program are not eligible to apply to the Institutional Project Support (IPS) Program for fiscal 2019-2020. In addition, institutions that are currently receiving IPS funds for fiscal 2018-2019 may not apply.
- Projects must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for application:
- They must not be used for political, religious, social welfare, or commercial activities.
- They must not be activities in support of specific doctrines or claims.
- The aim of the project must be to promote Japanese Studies. The following proposals are not eligible:
- Projects in the field of medicine, manual training or natural sciences
- Organization of or participation in sporting events and training
- Projects in the field of art (art-related projects such as exhibitions, film series, etc. that form a portion of a larger, comprehensive Japanese Studies project may be funded)
- Goodwill exchanges
- Social welfare or international development projects
- Tourist-oriented programs
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application materials at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit IPS Small Grant Program.