IRC recruits 01 Regional Supply Chain Director – West Africa (National Hires Only)
***This role is open to national hires only and can be based in Senegal, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire or any other IRC registered office*.**
Strong Supply Chain support is a key to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and support functions vital to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory management, asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Regional Supply Chain Director (RSCD), in close collaboration with regional leadership, country leadership, program teams, country supply chain operations and Global Supply Chain based in NY, will focus on developing and supporting a high standard of Supply Chain excellence to improve program support, efficiency, and results.
• Work closely with the regional and country program teams to develop Supply Chain strategies that prioritize initiatives to improve operational capabilities and efficiency
• Be the specialist on market dynamics and the supply base by country and for the region as a whole and ensure supply strategies are in place
• Develop effective partnerships with global, regional and country partners to plan for future requirements and develop proactive supply chain strategies
• Identify regional and country Supply Chain strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) though market analysis, operational assessments, regional procurement and contracting capacity and develop action plans in partnership with GSC, regional and country staff accordingly
• Work with country office teams to develop integrated supply chains and assist supply chain teams in developing/improving linkages between their department and programs.
• Utilize metrics to measure and assess Supply Chain efficiency and success in the country programs
• Review organization Supply Chain structures and staffing levels to ensure effective and cost-efficient support to programs.
• Act as “first line” advisory resource for country Supply Chain staff.
• Identify team capacity building opportunities, promote and conduct training and other development activities for country staff
• Assess needs and advocate that sufficient resources are invested for program success
• Lead implementation and delivery of global and regional initiatives
• Ensure that supply chain operations have supplier development strategies and provide mentorship to supply chain teams on effective development techniques
• Take a lead role in coordinating/leading regional procurements
• In collaboration with IRC Legal and the GSC Quality Assurance Team, ensure that contracting practices within a country are as effective as possible, ensure supply is assured from quality suppliers and risk to IRC is mitigated
• Ensure supply chain goods flow account for speed, cost and reliability and take advantage of favorable customs schemes
• Verify that country office Supply Chain policies are appropriate, documented, disseminated and required monitoring processes are effective.
• Support senior management team in country with developing mitigation plans to address procurement controls weaknesses
• Ensure proper quality management of the end to end pharmaceutical supply chain, including cold-chain requirements
• Coordinate with the DDO or CD as appropriate to settle priorities for each country program supply chain activities, and during the recruiting and on-boarding of new supply chain staff
• Ensure that the roving coordinator and each country’s supply chain coordinator is managed with clear objectives, a professional development plan, and co-deliver performance feedback with the DDO or CD as appropriate.
• Additional responsibilities as may be instructed based on organizational requirements.
• At least 10 years of experience with demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all subject areas within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
• Expertise in managing a pharmaceutical (including cold-chain) supply chain network
• Knowledge and experience in supporting Cash programming
• Experience leading teams remotely
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Effectively manages ambiguity
• Must have validated project management skills and experience, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, and team building experience
• Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and change management
• C-Level presentation skills, negotiation and relationship skills
• Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units
• Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
• Excellent training and mentoring ability
• Ability to travel as needed to support country requirements
• English and French language skills
Standard office work environment. Travel approximately 20%
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.