INTERSOS recruits 01 Country Finance / Admin Coordinator – Jordan
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Finance / Admin Coordinator
Duty station: Jordan
Starting date: 04/11/2020
Contract duration: until June 2021
Reporting to: Head of Mission (hierarchically), Regional Finance Coordinator and Area HR Coordinator (functionally)
Supervision of: Finance and Admin team
Dependents: Family Duty Station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
Following the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic and the deterioration of the humanitarian situation which is negatively affecting also the neighbouring countries, since 2012 INTERSOS has resumed the operations in the Middle East to contribute towards ensuring emergency relief and social protection assistance for the Syrian refugees fleeing their home in search of safety, with special focus on most vulnerable groups (children, women, elderly and persons with special needs).
In Jordan, INTERSOS has focused its humanitarian response on supporting Syrian families displaced across urban and rural areas, as well as vulnerable host communities, with a programme that concentrates on protection and protection mainstreaming within the different sectors of intervention that compose the Country Strategy (Protection, Child Protection, Education in Emergency, WASH, Shelter and Basic Needs including Cash and Winterization Assistance).
General purpose of the position
The Country Finance/Admin Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities and all human resources activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial and human resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
- To manage the bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Coordinator with monthly bank statements and bank reconciliations;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
- To update Jordan Mission Forecast and Recovery tool;
- To provide on weekly basis the updated economic and financial data (PN) to the Project Manager’s, the Head of Mission and Regional Finance Coordinator;
Budget preparation and control:
- To provide support to the Head of Mission in the drafting of new projects;
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Project Managers and Head of Mission, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations, and support annual auditing procedures;
- To prepare and verify, in cooperation with the Head of Mission, the trend of the general coordination’s budget;
- To monitors the sustainability of coordination’s office and verify the correct distribution/allocation of the general coordination costs to the projects; to monitor the coordination and projects’ non-deductible costs;
Financial reporting and audit compliance
- To prepare the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Regional Finance Coordinator for approval,
- To prepare and carry out the audits conducted in the country, and for the transmission to the central headquarter of all project documents to be audited in Italy;
- Ensure eligibility of all expenses;
- Ensure compliance with all INTERSOS and donors regulation related to Finance and Human Resources, and communicate it proactively with other departments;
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures;
- Ensure adequacy with Jordan ministries national reporting and accounting standards for INGOs,
Confidentiality and accountability
- Ensure maintaining high confidentiality of information, up to date documents, including processes and verification.
- In coordination with the Head of Mission (HoM) and the Country Senior Management Team (SMT), S/He Ensures National Staffs Internal Regulations are respected and in line with INTERSOS standards and with the local Labour Law. Ensure Organizational chart and National Staffs Salary grid is up to date.
- Ensure staff payroll, Health Insurance and Tax calculation is prepared accurately by HR officer. Follow-up of the National and International Staffs annual leaves
- Supervise the HR officer in the HR recruitment process, appraisal process and induction process is performed as per INTERSOS guidelines, with support of Head of Mission
- With the support of the HR officer, guarantees that all personnel dossiers are kept in order and updated (e.g. contract of employment, contract’s amendment, CV, national id, pictures, disciplinary measures, leave requests and justifications resignation letters)
Training and staff management
- Supervise the team members reporting to you, provide support and training, promote a friendly and professional working environment, and ensure staff development and learning environment.
- Ensure your team performance appraisals are reviewed regularly and conducted as per INTERSOS HR policies and procedures.
- Advocate and plan for professional development for your supervised staff and yourself.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff in your team to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor and key staff.
- Proactively support Regional Finance Coordinator and Regional Finance Controller as needed.
- Proactively coordinate and communicate with Management staff.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
Experience / Training
- Advanced university degree in finance, business administration or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in emergency and humanitarian, in field locations as well.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context.
- Computer (excel) and admin/finance skills.
- Donor compliance and reporting.
- Highly able to keep confidentiality.
- Able to work independently.
- People Management and Leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
- Arabic Language
- English Language is mandatory
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR- 42-1593 – Country Finance / Admin Coordinator”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.