iMMAP recruits 01 Project Manager
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is implementing a project funded by the Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement in the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM/WRA) aimed at providing Information Management technical support and capacity building to the Iraqi National Mine Action Authorities, including the Directorate of Mine Action (DMA) in Federal Iraq and the Iraqi Kurdistan Mine Action Agency (IKMAA) in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region. The Project Manager will oversee the development and implementation of new Mine Action IM Systems (IMSMA Core for the DMA and Open-Source Database for Mine Action for IKMAA) and associated trainings, as well as activities to enhance the coordination of key Mine Action stakeholders to support Iraq’s National Mine Action Program.
Description of Duties
The principal objective of the position is to ensure the overall success of the project, and seeing that deliverables arrive on time, on scope, on budget, within required quality levels, and in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs. The PM plays also a critical role engaging with beneficiaries, in this case the DMA and IKMAA staffs, as well as other mine action partners.
· Project planning:
o Revise overall project implementation strategy and develop the project workplan and mobilization of resources ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
o Ensure request for head office technical support is planned.
o Develop the project financial projections.
o Develop the project purchase plan.
o Organize, plan and lead project kick-off, project review and end of project meetings.
· Project Monitoring:
o Monitor project progress as per the workplan, anticipate and mitigate risks and issues, and where necessary ensure preventive and corrective actions are taken.
o Ensure project activities and output meet the iMMAP minimum standards during project implementation.
o Document project implementation through the dedicated tools and update the head office accordingly.
o Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
· External Coordination:
o Ensure regular formal and transparent communication lines are set up with IKMAA and DMA.
o Coordinate with the Donor and with all project stakeholders accordingly and in line with the project objectives.
o Attend coordination meeting and other relevant fora or bilateral meeting, as necessary.
· Internal Coordination:
o Organize regular project coordination meeting with the project team to ensure information is streamlined.
o Participate to regular project meetings updates with your superiors as requested and provide updates about implementation progress, challenges, risks.
o Ensure project records and documents required as means of verification of project activities are adequately collected, compiled, and archived according to iMMAP procedure and donor requirements.
· Plan and construct an operational project budget.
· Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
· Monitor the spending of designated project funds on a regular basis and in line with iMMAP Iraq Country office guidance.
· Regularly coordinate with support departments to ensure financial resources are spent in line with the donors’ regulations and as per the project needs and plans.
· If required, adjust the structure of the project team, and adjust ToRs outlining staff roles and responsibilities.
· If required, submit recruitment request for the project to HR Department and participate in the recruitment process.
· Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
· Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
· Contribute to the project M&E Framework definition.
· Ensure tracking of project activities, output and outcome indicators as defined in the project M&E framework.
· Actively contribute to the learning process around the project in close coordination with the Program Coordinator.
· Ensure the adherence to donor procedures and respect of contractual obligations.
· Report regularly on project activities, challenges and indicators through the PM tools and procedures agreed with your line manager.
· Contribute to drafting external project progress reports, ensuring accuracy of the information provided.
· Participate in communication activities.
· Participate in new proposal development processes when required.
· Ensure regular coordination with iMMAP’s security department.
· Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation in close coordination with security focal points.
· Ensure security plans and protocols for the areas of operation and for the project are adequately followed.
· As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that the IMO will commit 5% of his time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
· iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of field projects.
Bachelors or master’s degree in international development or economics studies preferred but not required.
Ø Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ø At least 5 years’ experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
Ø Demonstrated experience in capacity building projects and/or government systems strengthening projects.
Ø Experience in Mine Action projects is an advantage.
Ø Experience in Information Management and/or Monitoring and Evaluation is an advantage.
Ø Previous experience managing DoS PM-WRA funded projects is an asset.
Ø Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
Ø Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
Ø Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors.
Ø Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
Ø Strong writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
Ø Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
Ø Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
Ø Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
Ø Ability to work based on objectives.
Ø Knowledge of GIS (including ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise) would be a strong advantage.
Ø Fluency in written and spoke English is required. Spoken Arabic skills are an asset.
Ø Knowledge of computer applications, including proficiency in MS Office.
Ø This position is entitled to receive a Basic Salary ($6500 – $7500) + Expatriate Packages (Daily Per Diem + Housing Allowances or Guest House provided + Danger Prenium + R&R).
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.