iMMAP recruits 01 Project Lead / Senior IMO – Colombia
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus started in China in December 2019 has now been detected in most countries. The virus is named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the disease associated with it is named COVID-19. The epidemic was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 and characterized by the WHO Director General as a pandemic on 11 March 2020. As more governmental measures are adopted to reduce pressure on health services and public health risks, the impact of the pandemic is being felt by all humanitarian organisations whose staff is mostly confined at home. Non-essential field movements have all been cancelled. Needs assessments are being cancelled and regular monitoring systems interrupted. For the months to come, access to structured information in humanitarian contexts will become the exception, and most decisions will be made on the basis of remote techniques, secondary data, social media, expert judgement or journalism. The impact of movement limitations will be felt at each step of the assessment and analysis cycle. This project will support a global project involving 6 countries. This position will lead data analysis in Colombia and coordinate with the other countries of implementation other than with the DEEP (thedeep.io) team and Global Information Management and Analysis Cell (GIMAC). The position is supervised by the Global Project Manager.
Description of Duties
- Project Management Support
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of program documents through writing of project concept papers, project amendment and budget amendments for iMMAP using best practices and in coordination with iMMAP teams and HQ.
- Coordinate the design of the program in Colombia, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Lead the technical management and coordination of the program for Colombia in coordination with the global project manager
- Plan the identification and mobilization of human resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan for Colombia, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Proactively inform iMMAP Global Project Manager of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Coordination with the Global Project Manager and other Country project leads, global analysts, the DEEP project team and the Global COVID Information Management and Anaysis Cell (GIMAC).
- Coordinate with the Country Director and Admin and Finance team for all project-related financial management
- Monitor the program budget expenditures in close coordination with HQ finance.
- Ensure that actions are taken to conduct planned purchases and facilities rent in Colombia
- Supervise vendor contracts for the completion of project objectives in Colombia
- Ensure that the identification, selection and contracting of staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines and as per project plans.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate support by providing coaching.
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team in Colombia.
- Closely coordinate with iMMAP’s security and ensure that security plans and protocols for the areas of operation are updated and implemented.
- Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposal and requirement.
- Ensure products and reports developed in the framework of the project respect quality standards and guidelines.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programme in the country of operation.
- Build on lessons learnt.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organisations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the programme.
- Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP Global Project Manager with forward strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Global Project Manager.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in International Development Studies, Statistics, Geographic Information Systems, Cartography or Information Management Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of work experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
- Experience in analysis, working with qualitative and quantitative frameworks to provide comprehensive recommendations
- Experience in statistics, using primary and secondary data to build analytical reports and feed information into information systems
- Advantage to have experience in the development of analytical tools and software
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme start-up under limited time constraints as well as plan programme close-out.
- Knowledge of programme development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national and regional dynamics specific to the country of operation;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in working in remote data collection contexts, implementing remote data collection tools
- Knowledge if the humanitarian cluster system and the HNO and HRP processes
- Knowledge of multi-sector assessments and assessment frameworks
- Knowledge of the DEEP platform is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work based on objectives.
- Capacity to envision connections between software development and analysis, support the development of a larger vision for software tools as part of a team
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office. and Google Suites.
- Knowledge of SPSS and statistical packages an advantage
- Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox and the DEEP platform is an advantage.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/291