iMMAP recruits 01 MENA Analyst
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Scope of Work
iMMAP will implement an ECHO funded project for a period of 7 months initially and with perspective of extension. The project is structured in 3 components: 1.Return Context Monitoring in Syria, 2.Covid-19 Coordination in North East Syria and 3. Mine Action coordination in North East Syria. The MENA Analyst will work with the iMMAP research and analysis team to provide in-depth quantitative and qualitative analytical support to the Returns Context Monitoring component . The RCM component aims at providing community and regional level contextual understanding of the dynamics affecting returns for Syrian IDPs and refugees. Roles may include, but are not limited to, conducting Arabic and English language desk research, analysis of local stakeholders and governance structures, and conducting follow-up research with field staff. The position will report to the Senior MENA Analyst.
Description of Duties
The MENA Analyst will primarily be involved in conducting research, analysis, and report writing based upon the team’s research needs. The position will regularly support the Senior MENA Analyst in implementing research design and and production of key product deliverables. Additional roles include:
- Working closely with research officers and coordinators to assign, assess, and report on field research activities;
- Assist in the design and drafting of regular and ad hoc reports;
- Participate in key informant interviews;
- Utilize both open source research and field research resources to independently produce research products on cross-sectoral issues in the region as needed;
- Coordinate closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data collection, visualization, imagery and GIS;
- Contribute to Requests for Information from partners and donors, as needed,
- Contribute to the project planning and monitoring as needed,
- any other task as assigned by the Senior MENA Analyst and Project Manager,
- Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Global Security Advisor.
Chain of command
- He/She will work under the supervision of the Senior MENA Analyst
- Degrees in international relations, international law, political science or related field.
- Proven experience in reporting on conflict and/or humanitarian dynamics in the MENA region.
- Possess a working knowledge of the political, cultural, and humanitarian context of the region.
- Experience with contextual and predictive analysis based on quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently.
- Coordinate data collection activities with data collection counterparts as requested.
- Understanding of and/or proficiency in data collection platforms, GIS software, and data visualization platforms an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
- Fluency in English speaking and writing required. Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic highly desired.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/203