IIMC’s Tata Social Enterprise Challenge: Creating Sustainable Social Impact in India
Deadline: 30 September 2018
The Tata Group, in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) is currently inviting applications for its Tata Social Enterprise challenge in order to find India’s most promising early stage social enterprises, and create an ecosystem for social entrepreneurship – encouraging sustainable, scalable and measurable social Impact.
The Business plan contest (B-Plan Contest) invites social entrepreneurs who have an early stage venture (not older than three years) or a promising idea with a plan that could create sustainable social impact in India. In addition, the enterprise is required to demonstrate significant social impact through results or proof of concept.
The B-Plan Contest has Four stages:
- Impact Proposal Round
- Regional Rounds
- The Grand Finale
- Agriculture, Food and Dairy
- Healthcare, Water and Sanitation
- Technology and Development
- Microfinance/Financial Inclusion
- They encourage teams who have an existing venture or have an idea that can create sustainable social impact to apply in the Tata Social Enterprise Challenge.
- In order to be eligible to apply and participate, all teams must meet the following criteria:
- The team can be represented in the competition by a maximum of two members
- There is no restriction on the age or background for applicants
- If the submission is an idea, a proof of concept (E.g. prototype) is required.
- If the submission is a venture, the venture must not have been in existence for more than three years
- The entries received will be recognized by the “name” of the venture/idea
- The applicants may or may not be Indian Nationals, however, the social venture should be aimed at creating social impact in India.
- Enterprises that were selected as Semi-finalists in previous year’s Tata Social Enterprise challenge will not be eligible for selection
- Business plans for the competition will be invited for all sectors including the following focus areas(mentioned above)
The Judges will review and evaluate the Impact Proposals of all the teams using the following criteria:
- The Business Model
- Innovation and uniqueness offered by the business model
- Clarity of the business model
- Financial feasibility of the business model
- The Social Impact
- Nature of the metric used for measuring social impact
- Quantifiable potential and social impact created (if applicable)
- Empowerment of stakeholders involved
- Scalability of the business model
- Feasibility of implementation plan
- Clarity of vision, social and financial objectives
- Quality of the management team
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Tata Social Enterprise Challenge.