Humanity & Inclusion recruits 01 Regional Inclusive Governance Specialist – LAO
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Reporting to the Regional Technical Unit Manager, and in collaboration with HQ Global Specialist, as Regional Inclusive Governance Field Technical Specialist you will contribute to the implementation Mekong program strategy specifically one of its cross cutting sector Inclusive Governance, Social development & Social protection and Accessibility to ensure that people with disabilities, DPOs and vulnerable groups are empowered for meaningful and effective participation in decision and policy-making for accountable and inclusive governance systems in line with domestic and international standards within the four countries of the programme and lay the foundation of a common strategy and approach taking into account each context. You will strongly focus on the strengthening of Inclusive Governance programmes in the three countries including strong context analysis, standardisation of tools, staff capacity development and programme development strategy. You will also develop the learning component of our Inclusive Governance sector.
You will engage in standardisation of interventions based on common quality framework and processes including MEAL related elements. You will also enhance knowledge sharing within the programme and use each country lessons learned to improve each project based on other projects learning processes. The programme has Inclusive governance and Inclusive development projects in the three countries (2 in Laos, 1 in Cambodia and 1 in China) of the Programme and seeks to develop this sector further, including through regional opportunities. The Inclusive Governance approach of the programme is strongly based on multi-sectoral approaches and crosscutting to all the sectors so you will coordinate with the other sectors specialists to strengthen technical coordination of the projects ensuring stronger impact.
A Half of your efforts will be required to support the stakeholder engagement component of USAID Okard Project in Laos. The ‘Okard’ project (meaning “Opportunity” in Lao language) is funded by USAID in five-year period, from October 2017 to September 2022 implemented by World Education in partnership with HI and government and non-Government actors. The goal of the Project is to improve and sustain the independent living and functional ability of persons with disabilities, regardless of factors such as age, sex, gender expression, ethnicity, and their households in Lao PDR. The Project is implemented in three target provinces – Vientiane Capital, Xieng Khouang and Savannakhet and has three main components – Component 1: Health; Component 2: Economic Empowerment; Component 3: Stakeholder Engagement. Under the stakeholder engagement component, the key interventions are;
- Build the capacity of government partners to coordinate and implement relevant policies on disability inclusion includes establishing coordination mechanism at national level, piloting disability information management system DIMS and improve reporting on its progress in meeting its international and national commitments to better support persons with disabilities
- Strengthen representative and supporting organizations to improve coordination and engagement on disability inclusion
- Mobilize existing grassroots networks and empower individuals to engage in disability inclusive development
- Engage persons with disabilities in policy design and implementation
You have to effectively coordinate with multi-stakeholders (government, INGOs, UN Agencies, Donors and Civil society) at national, regional and international level for contributing to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in the scope of inclusive governance, social development and social protection, advocacy on specific themes in line with the global advocacy priorities and communication messages locally in line with the global communication priorities.
You will also contribute to the overall growth of the Programme through participation in technical design, proposal development, donor and partner networks, and advocacy.
Under the responsibility of the Technical Unit Regional Manager Mekong, the Regional Inclusive Governance Field Technical Specialist contribues to the implementation of Humanity & Inclusion’s mandate, the 2021-2023 HI Mekong Operational Strategy and 10-year strategy within his/her sectoral scope. He/she ensures the optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in his/her country by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI Specialists and Managers, the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
Special attention will be given to the stakeholder engagement component of USAID Okard Project (Disability Information Management System, National Coordination Mechanism for NCDE Laos, reporting on its progress in meeting its international and national commitments to better support persons with disabilities in Laos, capacity development of Organization of persons with disabilities OPDs and establishing its network, Inclusiveness of TVETs)
RESPONSIBILITY 1 : EXPERTISE
-You contribute to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies through providing sectorial technical input to the StratOps of the Programmes within your scope and in your sector in line with the global StraTech and ensure relevant follow up.
-You bring multi-country technical expertise in each project.
-You guide and define technical standards based on international guidelines, HI policy paper on Inclusive Governance and technical divisions’ strategies (STRATECH).
-You ensure relevance of technical practices in project under implementation, design stage of new projects and strategy development.
-You ensure the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programmes under your scope and ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes
-You will also have the objective to harmonize practices within the region facilitating exchanges, lessons learnt and support between projects and professionals, and potential mutualisation of relevant HR (consultancies, training, etc). –You will lead or support the development of technical documents and tools and support situation analysis and researches.
-You will have the objective to promote and contribute to inter-sectorial activities.
-You will also contribute to mainstream HI Disability, Gender, Age Policy and protection principles in Inclusive Governance, social development and social protection projects and provide technical support on Inclusion Technical Assistance to the partners.
RESPONSIBILITY 2 : INFLUENCE
-You create effective network with other technical and implementation actors in the region and support missions to foster partnerships
-You have strong involvement in network and coordination spaces to assert HI as a strong technical and implementing partner in the related sectors including humanitarian and Development programmes targeting poverty alleviation, resilience building and decent work.
RESPONSIBILITY 3 : BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
-You contribute to the context analysis in your sectorial scope.
-You are up-to date on the last international practices and directions and opportunities in the area of inclusive education.
-You use your knowledge to guide the regional programme towards new and more relevant and efficient technical programming (locally and regionally).
-You ensure relevance of technical practices at project design stage and on strategy development.
-You contribute to the conception of major projects (multiple countries, one theme) or of new projects in the region
-You identify & develop local partnerships and/or consortium with NGOs, Institutions, Companies on technical priorities or important topics in the region under your sectorial scope
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
The living condition in Laos remains quite good with reliable transportation infrastructure, health services, and housing in the capital area.
The mission will require regular travel with in Laos as well as to Cambodia and China. Frequency of travel will be determined by the evolving situation of the COVID-19 health context and travel restrictions issues by the Government of Cambodia and China.
Expériences / Formation
- You hold a degree in public administration and governance, community development, disability studies, development studies, social science or relevant field
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in inclusive governance, social development and social protection related interventions in low to middle income countries
- You have experience working as technical project implementer
- You are able to to give and receive constructive feedback; discuss with multi-disciplinary teams, and work as part of a network
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 12 months International contract starting from 20th, October 2021
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem : 525,06 € net/month – paid in the field
- Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
- R&R : 11 days a year
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
- Mission of more than 12 months : a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- open to couples
Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
- Mission of more than 18 months: payment of one yearly additional return flight
- open to families: package familial
- a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
- Family-wide health coverage
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
- Housing : Individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country : local package
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only successful candidates will be contacted.