Humanity & Inclusion recruits 01 Regional Inclusive Education Field Technical Specialist – JORDAN
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI’s Middle East Regional Programme (MEReP) is based in Amman with a regional host country mission (Jordan) and 3 affiliated countries (Egypt, Lebanon and Palestine). The regional component of the mission is composed of a Senior Management Team (Technical, Finance, Logistics, HR) under the management of a Regional Program Director. The program has just entered its new 3 – years Strategy (2020 – 2022) with a strong focus on volume stabilization (around 13 Million Euro), ROOTs implementation and NEXUS operationalization. Inclusive Education (IE) is one of the mains sectors of intervention.
The program currently implements interventions in the field of IE in Palestine and Lebanon and is seeking to start IE interventions in Egypt (concept note submitted) and Jordan (proposal for a research on IE submitted).
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Under the responsibility of the Regional Technical Unit Manager, as Regional Inclusive Education Field Technical Specialist, you contribute to the implementation of the HI mandate and the operational strategy of HI MEREP program, in the field of Inclusive Education. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the countries, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
You will have functional technical supervision over other technical positions that support Inclusive Education projects in the 4 countries of MEREP.
You will also provide technical follow up of consultants, in your sector of expertise, to ensure they align with HI technical framework.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
The position has 3 main objectives to reach:
• Expertise: bring multi-country technical expertise in each project you will work. Guide and define technical standards based on international guidelines, HI policy paper on IE and technical divisions’ strategies (STRATECH). Ensure relevance of technical practices in project under implementation, design stage of new projects and strategy development. Harmonize practices within the region facilitating exchanges, lessons learnt and support between projects and professionals, and potential mutualisation of relevant HR (consultancies, training, etc…). Lead or support the development of technical documents and tools on IE and support researches. Promote and contribute to inter-sectorial activities, especially linking IE with EDEI projects. Contribute to mainstream HI Disability, Gender, Age Policy and protection principles in Inclusive Education projects.
• Influence: create effective network with other technical actors in the region and support missions to foster partnerships.
• Business development: be up-to date on the last international practices and directions and opportunities in the area of IE. Use this knowledge to guide the regional programme towards new and more relevant and efficient technical programming (locally and regionally). Ensure relevance of technical practices at project design stage and on strategy development.
• You hold an advanced degree in Education, pedagogy, psychology of education or teaching. A specialization in inclusive education, education in emergencies or special needs teaching will be a strong asset
• You have at least 5 years’ experience in international development and post crisis environments, in technical positions
• You have experience working in complex environments as well as in collaboration with national education actors at all levels (from services to central level)
• You have strong strategic analytical skills, a capacity to establish clear frameworks, rules and limits
• You are strong in capacity building
• You have experience working at policy development level with government, international agencies, consortiums and children with disabilities
• You know how to produce clear, concise and responsible communication suited to different stakeholders and interlocutors as well as to adapt communication and messages to intercultural environment and remotely
• You are fluent in English – Arabic would be an asset
SPECIFICITIES OF THE POSITION:
Despite the different conflicts affecting the overall Middle East regional, the security in Jordan is still fairly good. In Amman, despite some regular peaceful demonstrations the living conditions are excellent with little restrictions. Jordanians are very welcoming and life for foreigners is generally quite comfortable.
The position is based in the permanent Middle East Regional Programme covering for Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine missions, which implies regular missions to the different countries where situation can be harsher and therefore under the conditions of security procedures established by HI, that have to be strictly followed.
• Starting date: November 2020
• Length of the contract: 3 years
• Employee status:
– Salary from 2757 € gross/month depending on the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem: 659,44€ net/month
– Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday: 25 days per year
– R&R: 1 day per month
– Status: position open to couples & families
– Housing: individual taken in charge by HI