HI recruits 01 Rehabilitation Officer
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
JOB CONTEXT :
Handicap International operations in Iraq: In Iraq, HI has been registered and operational in the Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI) since 1991, implementing development programming in the governorates of Dohuk, Erbil, Sulaymaniya and Halabja, in order to advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities and improve their access to services through support to Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs). Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the IS-group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations. HI has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Sulemaniya and Diyala Governorates.
In line with HI Iraq’s Operational Strategy for the period 2017-2020, the global objective of HI programming in Iraq is to enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
- Arms Risk Reduction: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through Risk Education and land release
- Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health/Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services
- Access to Essential Services: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities
These pillars are complemented by three cross-cutting themes: a comprehensive approach to mine action, inclusion mainstreaming, and protection mainstreaming
HI has currently a country coordination office in Erbil and field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk and Baghdad
Under the responsibility of the Rehabilitation Specialists in Iraq, the Rehabilitation Technical Officer contributes to the implementation of the needs assessment, training, support and coaching within the sphere of rehabilitation in the wider VA project. The role has specific focus on developing capacity of pre-existing government health staff and HI rehabilitation staff through training, coaching and clinical supervision. He/she will be working under the technical guidance of the Rehabilitation technical Specialist in the North of Iraq
-You provide guidance and technical support to projects in accordance with the overall technical frameworks and standards within the rehabilitation sector
-You provide technical learning from projects
-You contribute to the animation of the rehabilitation sector
-You contribute to ensuring HI’s technical influence within your perimeter
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
Insecurity in Kirkuk city neighbourhoods at night time mainly due to criminal activities, presence of multiple armed groups and access restrictions due to COVID-19.
Restricted movements, limited number of places are pre-validated, movement on foot is limited. Phone and GPS tracking procedures in place for all the movements.
Expériences / Formation
- You hold a degree in Physiotherapy
- You have at least 2 years of clinical experience in physiotherapy including trauma, post trauma rehabilitation services
- You have experience as trainer of adults in the rehabilitation field
- You have clinical experience of working with children and people with chronic conditions
- You have strong communication and organizational skills as well as intercultural skills
- You speak English and Arabic
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation. We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
- 6 months International contract starting from June 2021
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
-Salary from 2031 € gross/month upon experience
-Perdiem : 530 € net/month – paid in the field
-Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary
-Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
-R&R : Level 2: 5 days every 3 months
-Collective housing taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country : local package