Her Abilities Award: Honoring the Achievements of Women with Disabilities
Deadline: 30 September 2018
Nominations are now open for the Her Abilities Award which is the first global award honoring the achievements of women with disabilities.
Her Abilities was launched by Light for the World to honor women with disabilities who achieved greatness in their life or field of work.
There are three categories:
- Health & Education: Women with disabilities from the health or education sector, including but not limited to: teachers, teaching assistants, headmasters, university professors, doctors, surgeons, nurses, community health workers, etc.
- Rights: Women with disabilities from the advocacy and rights sector, who advocate for the rights of people with disabilities and their inclusion. They could be working for an NGO or charity, a business, within a governmental organization, or simply in their local communities to achieve vital change.
- Arts, Culture & Sports: Women with disabilities from the arts, culture and sports sectors, including but not limited to: artists, actors, comedians, poets, Paralympians, runners, singers, swimmers, writers, etc.
- Everyone is eligible to nominate except members of the jury.
- Women with disabilities (from the age of 18) can be nominated.
- They must fit into one of the three categories mentioned above.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit the nominations via given website.
For more information, please visit Her Abilities Award.