HEKS/EPER reccruits 01 Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning Officer, 60-70%
HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance and CHS Alliance.
HEKS/EPER is committed to constantly improve its project and programme relevance and effectiveness and to assess and to report on its global performance. Therefore, the Monitoring Evaluation Learning unit (MEL) at HEKS/EPER offers helpdesk support, capacity building and tools for Project/Programme Cycle Management (PCM), including support in planning, operationalization, monitoring and evaluation practices to our teams at HQ and globally. Additionally, the unit commissions impact assessments and promotes digital data collection to improve our evidence base, thereby promoting learning, adaptive management, and accountability as well as institutional governance.
The international division of HEKS/EPER is thus looking to recruit a strong candidate to fulfil the role of
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning Officer, 60-70%
The MEL Officers reports to the Head of MEL and coordinates its works with country desk officers, thematic advisors, country offices and MEL team.
- Contribute actively to MEL strategy implementation and evolution within MEL unit.
- Ensuring high quality MEL/PCM processes and tools on project, programme and global level.
- Capacity building (online and f2f) on MEL/PCM towards staff of partner organizations, country offices and HQ.
- Networking and knowledge sharing with other MEL related actors in IC, research, government, private sector in Switzerland and abroad.
- Application and dissemination of HEKS/EPER digital key indicators system for data collection and analysis.
- Focus within MEL/PCM team: supporting teams in countries and desks in evidence-based and results-oriented programming (context analysis, theory of change, results framework, indicators, baseline, etc.).
- Commissioning of impact studies and supporting country staff planning and executing evaluations, reviews, knowledge sharing events.
- Supporting acquisition unit and country staff with MEL/PCM expertise in proposal writing.
- Contribute to maintain and further develop institutional governance tools and mindset, according to CHS standards (PSEAH, mutual accountability, transparency, complaint systems, etc.).
- Thematic expertise in Market System Development, TVET and ‘income & employment’ is an additional asset.
- Mainly responsible supporting Spanish and French speaking countries.
Expériences / Formation
- University degree or similar qualification and at least six years of experience as project/programme officer AND as MEL/PCM officer of an iNGO or similar organization.
- Professional experience at desk and at country office/partner level in relief and development context.
- Additional trainings in International Cooperation and/or MEL/PCM (Nadel, IUED or similar programmes).
- Expertise and practical experience in monitoring and ensuring good institutional governance according to Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Excellent knowledge, oral and written, of French, Spanish to cover support for HEKS/EPER countries in Africa and Latin America) and English (main working language). Good knowledge of German is a plus.
- Initiative, self-organized and service-oriented personality performing well in a complex international team setting.
- Able to master well the usual IT office tools; ideally experienced using digital monitoring tools (Kobo or similar).
- A varied and interesting position in a dynamic environment
- Duty travels to programme areas – postings for 3-4 weeks in a country office.
- A committed and competent team.
- A team mindset offering self-organized working, open for inputs and being supportive.
- Modern employment conditions and a competitive compensation package.
- A modern workplace in Lausanne and/or Zürich; regular home office as an option.
Duty station: HQ Zurich or Lausanne, Switzerland; frequent travels to HEKS/EPER offices worldwide. Start of employment: As of March 1, 2021, or upon agreement.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents. Only online applications will be considered. Closing date for applications will be17 January 2021.
Stefan Gisler, Head of MEL is – from January 5, 2021 onward, at your disposal for further information: +41 44 360 88 90.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.