Heart and Stroke Foundation: Call for Applications for Research Grants Fund
Deadline: 20 September 2018
The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA), a not-for-profit organization, is currently seeking applications for funding for basic and clinical research from non-profit entities and tertiary institutions in South Africa.
- Applied and basic biomedical and clinical research projects associated with onset of cardiovascular disease [CVD; heart diseases and stroke]
- Evaluation of the HSFSAs health risk assessment project
- In this call a total of R600 000 will be allocated for a maximum of three projects, each project not exceeding a total budget of R300, 000.
- Only one application per principal investigator will be allowed. The budget will be over a 24-month period from the date of the signing of the Grant Agreement.
- The call is open to established and mid-term researchers, including post-doctoral students and those doing PhD studies working at accredited higher education institutions within South Africa.
- NGOs/Public Sector organisations may also apply
- Masters level students may apply provided that an established researcher is a co-applicant and supervises the project.
- Non-South Africans may apply provided they are registered at/or working for a South African University/Stroke Institute or Institution of Higher Learning.
- Non-South Africans are not eligible to apply. Africans from other countries are eligible to apply provided that they are working or studying in South Africa under the supervision of an established South African PI. In the case of non-South African applicants, it is necessary to have a South African co-applicant or in the case of a senior academic or researcher, a South African student whose career will benefit from the proposed research. Evidence of diversity and inclusion of females in the research team will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.