Handicap International recrute 01 Multi-Country Senior Project Manager
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Multi-Country Senior Project Manager – UGANDA
Pays : Ouganda
Ville : Kampala
Date de prise du poste : 02/11/2022
Durée de la mission : 36 mois contract with assignment until March 2024
Date de clôture des candidatures : 03/10/2022
Référence de l’annonce : -NPE-09-22-7481
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
In August 2020, the HI East African Region (EAR) was launched encompassing 3 countries (Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda), with Uganda as the Regional Hub. Each of the three countries each have vibrant program, with experienced staff and strong presence in both humanitarian and development context. HI in Kenya and Rwanda have been operational since the early 1990s, and Uganda since 2017.
All three countries implement a number of projects under similar technical domains such as Rehabilitation, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Inclusive Education, Livelihoods and Resilience, and Health but each also have their own specific technical focus in other areas. All 3 countries work with local partners, and ensure strong advocacy on the rights of persons with disabilities.
The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) program, under the banner ‘Leave No One Behind’, offers quality integrated and inclusive family planning and sexual and reproductive health services to marginalized and hard to reach populations: the poor, youth under 20 and people living with disability. WISH is the UK Government’s flagship program to scale up its support to integrated sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services in a range of countries across Africa and Asia by 2021.
This commercial contract represents 20% of the UK Government’s Family Planning 2020 commitments. The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) leads the WISH program through a consortium arrangement (Lot 2 out of 2) with 10 IPPF Member Associations and hand – picked partners chosen for their expertise to maximise access and reach for people in 15 countries: Development Media International (DMI), Humanity and Inclusion UK (HI), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Marie Stopes International (MSI), and Options Consultancy Services (Options).
The HI WISH Project Management Unit is hosted within the HI Regional/Country office.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the line management of the Regional Program Director you will be managing a team of 4 persons: 1 Technical Manager, 1 MEAL Manager, 1 Finance Manager, 1 Communication Specialist.
Your main responsibilities would be:
PROJECT & TEAM MANAGEMENT
• You ensure the good implementation of HI’s Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEAL) tools and the compilation of operational and financial data and their transmission to the project managers
• You support project reviews to maintain consistent information and take corrective action as required to achieve the project’s objectives,
• You ensure project compliance to FCDO and Consortium lead (IPPF) requirements as regards to reporting and grants management in coordination with the Communication Specialist, indicators monitoring for Payment by results, ad-hoc requests,
• You collect program support needs on project management and liaise with the Country WISH project managers to identify relevant supports, and provide tailored capacity-building to the project managers upon need,
• You ensure the management of the coordination team, set objectives and carry out apparaisals to, oversee the team’s career development
• You coordinate with the Coordination team in Uganda and countries-based teams in South Sudan, Uganda and Madagascar,
• You support the design and implementation of monitoring and coordination tools designed by the WISH MEAL Manager and their team
• You ensure regular information flow based on fact sheets or other sharing tools across the WISH project country teams and HQ
TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION, ADVOCACY AND POLICY INFLUENCE
• With the WISH Technical Manager, you represent HI in the WISH2ACTION steering mechanisms to assure visibility at consortium partners level (IPPF’s HUB in Kenya)
• You implement data collection plan related to access to SRHR by people with disabilities using the short set of questions from the Washington Group
• You meet with the donor representatives at regional or Country level
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a Degree in Public Health and a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management
• You have at least 5 years of experience in team management and project coordination.
• You have experience working in Sexual Reproductive Health Rights projects/activities
• You have experiences in multi-country projects/ Consortium (as sub)
• You are experienced in working with international partners (INGOs)
• You have advanced writing capacities in English, master professional English and French at a very good level
• You demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
Interpersonal skills :
• You are able to give and receive constructive feedback; discussing with multi-disciplinary teams/network
• You have empathy
• You are resilient to stress and uncertainty
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• 3 years International contract with an assignment mission until March 2024 starting ASAP
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2869 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 591,18 € net/month – paid in the field
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month
o open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial (REMOVE IF NOT APPLICABLE)
? a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
? Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
? Family-wide health coverage
• Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
• Housing: individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package