Place: LAO PDR (Ventiane)
Length: 24 months
Starting date: March 2020
Closing date for applications: 31rst of January 2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Humanity & Inclusion (HI -formerly Handicap International) has been implementing programmes in Laos since 1996. The overall objective of the HI strategy 2012-2016 for Lao PDR was to contribute to strengthen a Lao society where ALL adults and children live as equal individuals in a safe environment. The strategy consisted of the following three main pillars:
- Pillar One: Prevention of impairments
- Pillar Two: Access and support to rehabilitation services for persons with disability.
- Pillar Three: Support to local actors for the promotions of rights of persons with disability.
In 2019, the HI Lao program will be part of a new program desk and a regional strategy will be developed for PDR Lao, Cambodia and Vietnam together. According to that strategy a new organisational chart will be design with regional position.
You are responsible and accountable for all project activities and ensuring targets are met across the 3 components of the USAID Okard Project: Health (Component 1), Economic Empowerment (Component 2), and Stakeholder Engagement (Component 3). You will be part of the senior management team of the project alongside the Chief of Party and Senior Technical Advisor from World Education-Laos (WEL).
In this part, your responsibilities are the following:
- Ensure strategic directions taken and designs of future activities are consistent with HI technical positioning to support the sectors (10% of time)
- Provide technical support to WEL senior management team, HI’s domain coordinators and technical coordinators and partners as needed (55% of time)
- Project monitoring and evaluation (20% of time)
- Networking (5%)
- Knowledge management (10% of time)
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Master’s Degree in a relevant field: Livelihood, Agriculture, Rural development, Business…
- You have minimum 8 years’ experience in a technical support position & prior management experience in this field (livelihood, rural development…) – You show significant experience in support and advising with government departments and local civil society
- You master livelihood activities and ideally inclusive livelihoods
- You have successfully managed projects
- You are creative, curious and demonstrate skills in advisory tasks and transfer of competencies
- You know coordinate with several actors and like working in a team
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
The position is based in Vientiane with occasional trips to the provinces. Vientiane is a relatively safe city; the main risks are the road accidents (mainly motorbikes) and the regular outbreak of Dengue.
The living conditions in Vientiane are suitable for a family posting. International staff is accommodated in private house and some schools respect the international standard (Ecole française HOFFET, Vientiane International School).
- Starting date : March 2020
- Length of the contract: 24 months
- Employee status
- Salary from 2757€ gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 568€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to couples & families
- Housing : individual taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: