Détail de l’annonce 000-030-JVO-5274
An Inclusive Humanitarian Action Specialist
Pays : France
Ville : Lyon, Brussels, Berlin or London
Date de prise du poste : 06/01/2020
Durée de la mission : 18 months or long term contract
Date de clôture des candidatures : 31/10/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-030-JVO-5274
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged at the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
The Handicap International network has changed its name to “Humanity & Inclusion”.
HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people, to help meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI implements activities in 55 countries in support of vulnerable people, refugees, internally-displaced people, people affected by natural disasters and people who have been injured or are exposed to the dangers of weapons, munitions and explosive devices.
CONTEXT: HI Operation’s Division is composed of 5 Geographical divisions, 4 Technical divisions, an Emergency Division and an Information, Impact & Innovation Division.
One of the 4 Technical Divisions is Protection & Risk Reduction Direction (P2R). Within the Protection and Risk Reduction Division (20 staff), the Inclusive Humanitarian Action Specialist is member of the Inclusive Humanitarian Action team with 4-5 other members.
HI is recruiting an Inclusive Humanitarian Action Specialist based in Lyon, Brussels, Berlin or London.
HI is looking for Inclusive Humanitarian Action Specialist to contribute to influence major networks and stakeholder’s policies, practices and budget priorities on inclusion within humanitarian action.
You contribute to set internal and external frameworks and standards by identifying appropriate approaches, evidence-based strategies, tools and innovative practices to tackle issues faced by persons with disabilities within acute emergency and protracted crisis response mechanism.
You provide technical guidance and ensure the control of the technical quality and relevance of HI’s activities in the field.
You co-lead the animation of the professional pool of field experts on Inclusion in Humanitarian Action.
Persons with disabilities are at increased risk of social exclusion, poverty and violence due to discrimination and a lack of tailored services. They are known to face particular barriers to accessing humanitarian aid. HI is leader in promoting inclusiveness of humanitarian action through its humanitarian responses and by providing technical assistance, knowledge growth and capacity building to all relevant national and international stakeholders.
HI also engages in strong advocacy and communication to influence stakeholders and their policies for a full inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities across all stages of humanitarian action.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the supervision of P2R Director, your responsibilities are:
External influence of HI’s expertise
– You represent the technical expertise of HI throughout networks in order to contribute to the exchange of best practices and disseminate outputs internally.
– You influence more specifically donor and stakeholder policies, programming, practices and budget priorities.
– You contribute to specific advocacy or communication campaigns.
Frameworks, Standards, Tools
– You ensure technical learning from projects by using lessons learned and documented best practices.
– You ensure sectorial watch, the harnessing and transmission of norms and international standards and guidelines within HI.
– You contribute to the design, update and dissemination both internally and externally, of HI’s frameworks, standards and tools on inclusive humanitarian action with a specific attention towards complementarity and transition between emergency response and development programs.
– You ensure uptake of inclusive humanitarian strategies and resources by HQ and field based HI staff.
– You contribute to the design of the Division technical strategy.
External Technical Assistance and Innovation
– You support HI field and HQ teams to develop offers & proposals for technical assistance & capacity development for specific identified partners, related to inclusion in all phases of the humanitarian response.
– You identify the priorities of research and studies and contribute to draft and pilot research activities and projects relating to inclusiveness of humanitarian responses.
Technical Guidance & Quality Control
– You provide technical guidance and tools to HI field teams to promote the quality, better planning and delivery of inclusive humanitarian services within their projects.
– You support the monitoring and evaluation of the implemented projects. He/She will conduct audits on the technical quality and relevance of HI’s projects, issue warnings and recommendations and monitor their implementation.
– You provide technical guidance and inputs to field programs throught plurianual country operational framework.
Professional pool of field experts
– You are involved in the recruitement, briefing/debriefing and monitoring of technical staff within its area of expertise, when needed.
– You contribute to building HI’s field staff capacities on inclusion in humanitarian action.
– You participate to internal training sessions for field or HQ staff within its area of expertise.
– You facilitate knowledge sharing between HI staff and partners and ensure a consistent approach to inclusion across the various departments involved.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• With 5 years’ work experience in disability inclusion, disability rights, you have
o 1 year in project management or implementation of actions on inclusion of persons with disabilities and/or vulnerable groups in humanitarian settings,
o 3 years’ experience in humanitarian and/or protracted crisis context.
• You have experience in :
o designing and implementing capacity building programs for local partners, as well as providing capacity building support and facilitation.
o leading strategic planning and in program design and proposal development.
o successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts
o designing and implementing capacity building programs for local partners, as well as providing capacity building support and facilitation of workshops at high international level.
• You have excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of rights based approach and rights of persons with disabilities and sound understanding of issues related to vulnerability and disability, protection, as well as identification and support of particularly vulnerable and excluded populations, households and individuals.
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• 18 months contract starting from January 2020, renewable
• Based in Lyon, Brussels, Berlin or London ; job conditions depending of the localization.