Handicap International recruits 01 Inclusive Education Technical Advisor
Détail de l’annonce 000-EI / E-SLE-4729
Inclusive Education Technical Advisor
Pays : République du Soudan du Sud
Ville : based in Juba with travels to field locations
Date de prise du poste : 01/03/2019
Durée de la mission : 1 year
Date de clôture des candidatures : 17/02/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-EI / E-SLE-4729
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
JOB CONTEXT :
HI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, implementing emergency and development actions aimed at improving protection, quality of life, and the promotion of rights of vulnerable individuals, including people with physical disabilities.
HI’s current operations are centred in POCs (protection of civilian sites) and IDP camps outside Juba city and in three greater states: Yei, Torit and Yambio with the Country Office based in Juba city.
During 2019, HI is planning to establish a base in the greater Unity, which remains the most conflict and disability affected region of the whole country. The operational context in South Sudan today is considered largely humanitarian/emergency while phasing in resilience programming. The ongoing peace initiatives if they succeed might result in huge population movements of returnees (both IDPs and refugees) across the country.
HI’s present interventions address both emergency and resilience needs. Since 2016, HI has been operating an emergency mobile (or flying) unit responding to MHPSS (Mental Health & Psychosocial Support) and disability rehabilitation assistance in the greater Upper Nile, Unity and Jonglei states. Overall, about 50,000 direct beneficiaries (people with disability and other most vulnerable) are being targeted through MHPSS and Livelihood projects, with a strong emphasis on mainstreaming disability inclusion. As part of its 2019-2021 strategy, HI South Sudan is prepositioning to deepen programming in Protection, to expand program interventions in Health (MHPSS) as well as inclusion in humanitarian action and to undertake innovative programming in Education in emergency. HI works in close collaboration with the South Sudan Humanitarian Clusters (Health, Protection, Food Security &Livelihoods and Education), UN agencies and Government departments (Health, Agriculture, Education, Gender and Youth, and Relief & Rehabilitation Commission). HI is also an active member of the South Sudan NGO Forum, which brings together 120 international and 240 national NGOs employing about 22,500 national and 1850 international staff
Girls’ Education South Sudan (GESS2) is a programme that aims to transform the lives of a generation of children in South Sudan – especially girls – through education. GESS is an initiative of the Ministry of General Education and Instruction of South Sudan and funded by DFID.
The objective is to implement the GESS2 programme, ensuring the provision of equitable, accessible and essential support to the Education Sector in South Sudan, with particular emphasis on girls.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
HI is as part of consortium which is managing this programme. In this part, our Inclusive Education Technical Advisor will ssupport the GESS team to deliver a quality program where disability gender and social inclusion are strong cross cutting themes, in strong coordination with mainstream actors, authorities and response coordination bodies but particularly the community outreach that will take place via radio programming and direct engagement with communities through the state anchors.
In this part your main responsibilities are:
• Support the set-up of the project: design and inception
• Ensure the quality implementation of the project strategic approaches
• Ensure effective technical support to partner organisation
• Reporting, Monitoring and Representation
And your tasks:
• Provide training and technical support to project teams;
• Design and develop tools and trainings to support teachers and partner staff capacity building in inclusion;
• Provide technical support to partners;
• Provide support to the Girls Education in South Sudan team on topics related to inclusion of children with disabilities specifically within education.
• To work on a gender and disability strategy
• To develop a GEDSI (gender, equality, disability and social inclusion) analysis for the project, with a specific focus on disability and inclusion.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a Master Degree in Inclusive Education, Special Needs Education or Education sciences if relevant experience working with children with disabilities
• You have relevant experience in education in low income countries and in non-governmental organisation with particular focus on Education in Emergencies
• You have two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities
• You have strong capapcity building, competencies transfer and coaching skills
• You know to work with a minimum of supervision and have outstanding planning, organizing and coordinating skills.
• You have outstanding communication capacities with a broad range of stakeholders
• You are able to travel in field locations with very little infrastructure and supplies
• You have excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• Security and road access remains a key factor in geographic targeting of operations in South Sudan. Many locations in the country cannot be reached overland. Apart from IDP projects in Juba which are managed directly, most of HI’s programs in many parts of South Sudan are currently implemented through remote management, with international staff based mainly at the Country office in Juba, doing regular travel to the field by UNHAS air service .
• The country mission has a safety and security protocol which emphasizes individual and team sensitivity and pro-activeness on security matters. The protocol is reviewed periodically to match or anticipate emerging scenarios.
• International staff movements within Juba city is facilitated by HI and has a curfew restriction between 9PM-6.00AM.
• Office and residential accommodation are currently housed in one compound, and a number of residential facilities including kitchens and lounges are used in common (rooming with sanitary services is individual).
• Employee status, according to experience :
– Salary from 2031 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 457€ net/month
– Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks
– Status : this position is not accompanied
– Housing : Collective taken in charge by Handicap International
Please be aware this position will be confirmed after fundings ap