Place: BAGHDAD with possible movement as required throughout Federal Iraq and KRG
Length: 1 year
Starting date: As soon as possible
Closing date for applications: 17th of May 2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs.
The global objective of HI programming in Iraq is to Enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq through an operational framework of three central pillars:
- Arms Risk Reduction: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through Risk Education and land release
- Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health/Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services
- Access to Essential Services: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities
Inclusion is central to HI’s mission globally, with a commitment to understanding and approaching disability inclusion as human-right following the concepts of disability provided in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
Under the responsibility of the Inclusion Technical Coordinator, as Inclusive Civil Society Technical Advisor, you contribute to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
In this part your main missions are the following:
- Contribute to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies
- Ensure technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards on your sectorial scope
- Ensure technical learning from projects
- Ensure the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programme under your scope
- Ensure compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes
- Contribute to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in your sectorial scope
- Contribute to the Technical Divisions professional channel animation
Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in our sectorial scope by representing the technical expertise of HI throughout the local relevant networks and government entities, contributing to advocacy on specific themes in line with the global advocacy priorities & contributing to communication messages locally in line with the global communication priorities
- Business development
Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under your sectorial scope : you contribute to the context analysis in your sectorial scope, contribute to the design and writing of new projects, identify & transform major opportunities in the region, contribute to the conception of major projects (multiple countries, one theme) or of new projects in the region, identify & develop local partnerships and/or consortium with NGOs, Institutions, Companies on technical priorities or important topics in the region
- You hold a degree/diploma in Development studies or social fields
- You have a good understanding of the rights of persons with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups and their challenges and are familiar with principles and frameworks that promote disability inclusive responses
- You are experienced in working on strengthening civil society, particularly with Organisations of People with Disabilities – experience of work directly with People with Disabilities would be an asset
- You know how to design and to facilitate trainings on inclusion and related topics
- You know to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
- You are fluent in English (oral and written)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
The position is based in Baghdad, where there is some, but limited opportunity for social life. Most basic facilities and services are available and accessible. The position will require frequent travel to the areas of intervention, where HI teams are working, health facilities and the communities in areas of Baghdad, Anbar and Basra, with some possible additional travel to other HI implementation areas. The security context remains fluid and movement restrictions can be introduced on an ad hoc basis.
The accommodation is collective
- Starting date : ASAP
- Length of the contract: 12 months
- Employee status:
- Salary from 2031 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 522.40€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 5 days every 3 months
- Status : unaccompanied
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: