Handicap International recruits 01 Humanitarian Access & Security Manager
République du Soudan du Sud
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Humanitarian Access & Security Manager
Pays : République du Soudan du Sud
Date de prise du poste : 15/03/2020
Durée de la mission : 6 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 18/02/2020
Référence de l’annonce : 000-SÉC-MMO-5570
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing its name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organization was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programs in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, implementing humanitarian and development actions aimed at promoting the rights, safety and quality of life of vulnerable populations, particularly persons with disabilities, mental health problems and functional limitations across the country. HIs current portfolio adopts an integrated and multi-sectoral approach which includes interventions centred on MHPSS, Protection, Functional Rehabilitation and livelihoods with disability inclusion a cross-cutting theme across all programmes. In 2020, HI will continue to implement interventions in these areas, whilst transitioning to post-emergency and recovery programming.
At present the total mission portfolio is approximatively 5 million euros. The main donors of the mission are DFID, ECHO, UNHCR, SSHF, Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs/CDC. The mission currently employs 15 international and 106 national staff, working from the coordination office in Juba, field offices in Yei, Torit, Yambio and a mobile response team covering multiple locations across the country. HI is intending to expand to former Unity State to address the humanitarian needs of the population in the coming year.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
The role of the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager is aimed at helping to ensure the safety and security of HI’s mission staff at all times through ensuring proper risk analysis, security frameworks and tools and protocols are in place and at the same time supervising their correct and effective implementation. The secondary objective is to develop HI’s capacity to analyze, dialogue, and negotiate in order for populations to fully access humanitarian aid. The position is directly under the Program Director line management
1. Contributes to the country strategies in line with the global strategies
Steers security strategy and functioning through the active promotion of HI’s institutional policy and the optimisation of our resources
2. Standards and Accountability
• STANDARDS: ensures respect and application of HI standards for the whole of his/her professional sector, with regard to policy, processes and tools;
• LOCAL ADAPTATION: adapts and contextualises these standards according to specific local characteristics;
• INTERNAL CONTROL: oversees internal control for his/her whole area of responsibility;
• ACCOUNTABILITY: guarantees compliance with and application of institutional donor rules on all the projects implemented within his/her scope of responsibility;
3. Operational security management
Gain a thorough understanding on security issues in the region and develop an effective and efficient security related information collection.
4. Representation and coordination
• Represent HI in bilateral meeting with humanitarian actors and with local actors when requested by the Director.
• Maintain and expand HI’s network of contact with key staff of INGOs or UN agencies specialized in analysis and security and with security access referent of other governmental entities if required.
• Maintain regular discussion and organize regular updates on security and context with the HQ security advisor.
5. Training and management
• Assess risk behaviour from HI staff (national and international)
• Provide training to all staff and on the job training toward persons who have security responsibilities in the missions
• Organize and provide extensive training on any security related issues to all HI staff ; induction for new comers, regular briefing for international and national staff on security rules and procedures and any other specific training for staff
6. Humanitarian Access
• Continually analyze the humanitarian context, identifying challenges to access, opportunities for improvement, and key actors
• Support Program Director and Area Manager in creating a program-specific strategy for improving humanitarian access
• Support Program Director and Area Manager in dialogue and negotiations to obtain access with authorities and key stakeholders
• Support Program Director and Area Manager on the preparation of exploratory visit and the opening of new areas
PROFIL ATTENDU :
– Security assessment/review experience and analytical and planning skills
– Substantial experience in developing of security management
– Good written and spoken language English is essential
– Experience of working with INGO and experience of working with teams of people with varying experience of security planning and management
– IT skills (information search software), including the use of different communication devices, computers, GOS and mapping software
– Knowledge of the region and the context
– Commitment to the Red Cross and NGO code of conduct
– HI’s vision, mandate, values and strategy
– Humanitarian principles
– Humanitarian environment
– Considerable and string security planning and implementation work experience gained in the context or field relief operations in insecure areas
– Substantial experience of working in conflict-affected areas and of associated risks to personal and organizational security
– Ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs
– Interpersonal skills and attitude:
– Initiative and creative thinking, patience, sensitivity and tact
– Good reaction capacities
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Able to manage stress
– Able to work as part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• Starting date: 15 March 2020
• Length of the contract: 6 months
• Salary starting from 2800 € (gross) / month, adjusted regarding the experience of the candidate
• Perdiem: 529 € (net)
• Hardship allowance: 500 € (net)
• Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R : 5 days every 3 months
• Status: unaccompanied position
• Housing: collective housing fully covered by HI