Handicap International recruits 01 Basic Needs Project Manager – Emergency Pool
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Basic Needs Project Manager – Emergency Pool
Basic Needs Project Manager – Emergency Pool
Pays : France
Ville : Based in Lyon or Brussels
Date de prise du poste : 03/03/2020
Durée de la mission : 6 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 02/02/2020
Référence de l’annonce : 000-040-SLE-5532
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
With the objective of ensuring an efficient response to emergencies and humanitarian crises, HI has put in place an Emergency Response team
The emergency pool is composed of 5 emergency specialists (Area Manager, Logistics manager, Finance and HR manager, MHPSS manager, Physical Rehabilitation Manager and Livelihood project manager) under the hierarchical management of the area manager/pool manager.
The emergency pool sits in the emergency division under the management of an emergency response manager based in headquarters.
The emergency division is composed of a team of 16 persons: one team in charge of the monitoring, alert and emergency preparedness and one team in charge of the emergency responses at HQ and field level.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
In order to ensure a relevant, timely and efficient response to acute crisis, the Emergency division of HI has the role to ensure the monitoring, preparedness and response to man-made and natural disasters.
The emergency division may lead some emergency response or support the geographic division to respond to new disaster depending on the intensity of the crisis and the capacity of the program in place.
The emergency pool is composed of a team of emergency experts, ready to deploy within 72 hours. Their role is:
• To conduct diagnosis and launch new emergency operations in the field
• To support pre-established programs and teams to respond to new disaster in the field
• To contribute to lessons learned exercises, technical methodology and guidance, tool kits in coordination of the Emergency Division team member, Shared services divisions and technical divisions at HQ level.
Under the responsibility of the Emergency Area Manager and in close coordination with the HQ Emergency livelihood Specialist, you are in charge of:
• Participating to initial diagnosis of the emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis
• Leading and coordinating basic needs operations deployment in the framework of new program or area/project opening following a disaster, in accordance with Humanity & Inclusion´s rules and standards and those of its donors. Distribution activities may cover other sectors than emergency livelihoods such as wash, shelter or NFI if the action is deemed relevant
• Representing and promoting Humanity & Inclusion´s mandate in the framework of the emergency responses in your field of expertise
• Contributing to the institutional capitalization and participate in the development and update of Humanity & Inclusion´s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a degree in Economics, Humanitarian Action, Political Sciences, Bioforce or similar…
• You have a strong professional experience (at least 3 years) in emergency response including at least 2 years in a project manager position in emergency settings within the domain of the Food Security, Wash, Shelter as well as Cash-Based Interventions. You are familiar with the minimum Humanitarian standards in these areas of intervention
• You demonstrate high capacity for analysis and synthesis and ability to project quickly in an emergency context
• You show strong skills in networking & coordination with partners
• You are able to provide a large workload under constant pressure. You demonstrate excellent responsiveness and flexibility in all circumstances.
• You demonstrate sense of priorities and great capacity for organization and autonomy
• You are able to live in community and accept the constraints.
• Experience in opening missions is a plus.
• Excellent command of French and English (oral and written) essential. Spanish or Arabic is a plus.
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Français : Bon
Anglais : Bon
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• 6 months contract renewable, to be based in Lyon (France) or Brussels (Belgium)
• Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
• Specific conditions for the emergency pool:
o Flexibility (availability) allowance
o Perdiem in proportion to the time spent in the field
o Hardship allowance in proportion to the time spent in the field
o Collective housing in charge of HI when in the field
o Medical evacuation insurance International SOS