Handicap International recruits 01 Area Manager Gaza Strip – Palestine
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
HI started its mission in Palestine in 1996, through its participation in the Palestine Priority Programme. Since 2010, HI has been working extensively with rehabilitation service providers in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, on the quality of services, as well as their availability and accessibility, and on developing the basis for effective referral mechanisms.
The mission then continued facing a growth of its size both in terms of number of projects and financial volume, however is facing currently a reduction of funds and all efforts are towards fundraising.
Considering the ambitions and complexity, and given the on-going emergency / post-emergency response projects in Gaza, the job holder is expected to support the mission in its expansion and operational construction while maintaining the quality of the intervention.
The Palestine mission currently has 3 offices (coordination in Jerusalem and sub-offices in Ramallah and Gaza), with the Gaza one currently having the highest number of staff and projects. The Palestine Mission is part of the Middle East Regional Programme and benefits from direct support and guidance from the Regional Programme team based in Amman, Jordan.
You, as Gaza area manager, will be working in Gaza and reporting to the Country Manager based in Jerusalem. You will work in close collaboration with the Support Services Department in Gaza and Jerusalem and with the other Area Manager, based in Ramallah (West Bank) where (partly similar) projects are implemented. You will also work in very close collaboration with the Regional Coordination Team (RCT) in particular with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) and its coordinator, but also the Regional Human Resources Coordinator (RHRC) and the Regional Finance Coordinator (RFC) and the Regional Logistic Coordinator (RLC), all based in Jordan. The teams are skilled and competent. Establishing a mutual relation of trust is essential to smooth management and to build team work.
You will contribute within the area where you are based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You will ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the area, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You will share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
Your general objectives will be :
- You will contribute to renewing and coordinate the implementation of the 3-years’ Operational Strategy and the Regional Program framework
- You will implement and follow REACT process at the mission level.
- You will develop HI and partners’ response capacity in Gaza strip
Your mains responsibilities as Area manager will be:
- You are responsible for developing and implementing, in the Gaza strip, the projects part of the Programme operational strategy.
- Under the guidance of the Country Manager and other relevant departments, you will deploy all adequate tools that will allow project monitoring, financial controlling and compliance with HI policies and frameworks (in particular HI Project Monitoring & Evaluation policy), and the respect of contractual obligations towards donors.
- You will contribute to monitor and analyses context developments in the Gaza Strip, in order to identify operational risks and opportunities, and proposes actions to your line management.
- You will actively contribute to the implementation of ROOTS principles and promote active capacity building/coaching mechanism for the team.
- You will follow up security management, coordinate shared services, technical and operations team on a daily basis to facilitate activities implementation
Expériences / Formation
- You hold an advance degree in relevant field (development, humanitarian, disability or related)
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in development or humanitarian contexts and minimum of 3 years of experience in coordination positions, HR management, administration, change management
- You have excellent communication skills as well as strong writing and reporting skills
- You promote capacity building and are able to help your team members progress and gain autonomy
- You know how to take a step back and be reactive in your decision making
- You know theory and practice of the implementation of emergency, development and armed violence reduction actions
- You know HI service sectors, mandatory cross-cutting approaches and technical frames of reference
- You are able to do risk management (safeguarding of beneficiaries, security)
- Oral and written English is mandatory, written and oral communication in French and Arabic is an added value
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 1 year International contract starting from September 2022
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2860 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 742 € net/month – paid in the field
- Hardship: 500 € net/month paid with your salary
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: 5 days every 6 weeks
- a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
Laisser un Commentaire