ABOUT FRIENDS OF THE GLOBAL FUND EUROPE
“Friends of the Global Fund Europe” is a non-profit organization created in 2005. Its mission is political advocacy for global health and the fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, particularly the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
Based in Paris, it operates in Europe both nationally and internationally.
Its activities aim to raise public awareness among decision makers and stakeholders on the three epidemics and global health, and to help mobilizing resources to fight these diseases especially to the benefit of the Global Fund.
In order to reinforce its communication strategy, Friends of the Global Fund Europe is looking for a media relations and communication officer.
The Media Relations & Communications Officer (MRC Officer) is a member of Friends of the Global Fund Europe (FoGFE) team. He/she will use all forms of media and communications to build, maintain and manage awareness of FoGFE’s work supporting and promoting the Global Fund to Fight Aids Tuberculosis and Malaria and more widely global health issues. The MRC Officer will be expected to help create and communicate key messages to defined target audiences about aids, tuberculosis and malaria and about the Global Fund, and to develop Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s image.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Media Relations :
The MR&C Officer will be responsible for overseeing relations and communications with the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives.
Liaising with the executive director, personnel and consultants based in the countries, he/she will :
- Prepare articles, press releases, press kits for the media,
- Plan and oversee press events
- Create effective communication channels and enhance collaborative working relationships with the media at national and European levels
- Providing advice on written communications with the press.
- Monitor and detect public relations issues as they emerge and mobilize required contacts and means to address them
- Timely manage the information flow to the media and to the staff and consultants
- Regularly liaise with the Global Fund and partners
- Enhance the effectiveness of the press function and the accuracy of the communication system
- Ensure that Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s image is properly and coherently protected and promoted
- Ensuring the integration of digital and social media alongside any press and media initiatives.
- Liaise with the press during times of crisis management or unexpected negative incidents.
Communications and social media
The MR&C Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s strategic plan for social media and communication in close relation with the Executive Director, personnel and consultants, and when necessary with the Global Fund and other key partners.
He/she will :
- provide guidance to the team on communication messaging, tools and materials and, when required, will coordinate communication initiatives especially at the occasion of Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s events or international events
- oversee Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s stakeholder database and its fitness to the advocacy goals and plans
- own all relevant social media platforms to generate an increased engagement and a positive stance in favor of the fight against the three diseases and the Global Fund in Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s priority countries
- recommend new social media tools, sites, and applications and be ahead of all the emerging social and mobile trends.
Experience / Qualifications
The Media Relations and Communication Officer will be/ have :
- Graduate of a school of journalism / MA in communications, media relations, international relations or other related field
- Five years of relevant work experience with demonstrated skills in communications and media relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to cultivate internal and external relationships especially with the media
- Strong understanding of the press ideally from working in a similar role or from working in the press.
- Skilled with social networks
- Highly organised
- Able to meet strict and erratic deadlines
- Good knowledge of international humanitarian environment especially global health
- Experienced in event coordination or management would be an asset
Intermittent domestic and/or international travels
- Compulsory: English and French and German
- Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
- To apply, please send cover letter, CV and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.