French Red Cross recruits 01 Administrative-finance-HR Delegate – H/F – UKRAINE-Kiev
A major player in the social and solidarity economy, the French Red Cross runs a network of more than 600 establishments and services in the health, medical and social sectors and in training. It also runs 12 regional health and social training institutes.
Internationally, the FRC is active in 16 countries alongside National Societies and 2 regional platforms (PIRAC and PIROI), on the following themes Health and Disaster Risk Management.
In the same way as in the activities that it develops and implements in France, the French Red Cross at the international level includes all its missions in a sustainable humanitarian action plan.
This means that emergency, post-emergency, post-crisis and reconstruction activities are coordinated in order to be as effective as possible. The aim is to carry out actions with lasting effects and to enable the population to regain their full autonomy.
Our association also wants to strengthen its presence and the promotion of its priority commitments within the International Movement.
By joining us, you will share our commitment and ethics and develop your skills.
Ukraine is facing a humanitarian crisis that continues to develop every day. Since the escalation of the armed conflict on 24 February, the destruction of vital civilian infrastructure continues to rise, leading to the destruction of homes across the country and cutting off access to critical services for millions of people. People are fleeing their homes to try to find safety elsewhere within the country and are crossing borders into neighboring countries and beyond.
With the humanitarian situation in Ukraine and neighboring countries deteriorating rapidly, the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement has activated all its emergency response mechanisms. Together, ICRC, IFRC, Ukrainian Red Cross and National Societies are undertaking a rapid and coordinated response. As the conflict is extending over the time, Movement partners are pursuing their collaboration to answer the needs, all over the country.
In the context of the opening of the mission in Ukraine, and under the supervision of the Head of Delegation, the Administration/Finance/HR Delegate will be in charge especially of (non-exhaustive list):
- Set up and ensure all the administration/finance and HR departments of FRC delegation.
- Administrative and financial management of the program: in compliance with local legislation, implementation of procedures, management of financial resources (accounting, cash flow, budgets, financial reports, etc.);
- Ensure and follow-up the implementation of a consistent HR policy
- Ensure the management and the administrative and financial implementation of the projects;
- Organize and participate in the planning of programs and their resources;
- Prepare intervention projects and financial reports;
- Ensure administrative, financial and HR management consistency throughout the missions;
- Provide capacity building to the Ukrainian RC in finance, administrative and HR related matters.
- Represent FRC in all finance, administrative and HR platforms and meetings
- Coordination within the RCRC Movement counterpart (IFRC, ICRC, NS, PNS…) and with other humanitarian actors
A- Administrative management of the mission
- Support project managers in the conduct of their administrative activities
- Participate in developing and updating the organizational chart of the delegation..
- Ensure the definition and implementation of archiving procedures in all departments (supports, operations, technical) as per FRC’s procedures.
- Ensure a constant follow-up on all the lease agreements of the delegation
- Represent FRC in all finance, administrative and HR platforms and meetings
B- Co-management of the mission’s human resources:
- Participate in defining and updating the HR rules and procedures and ensure their proper application
- Supervise the organization of recruitments (announcements, applications, interviews) in collaboration with the Ukrainian RC
- Participate in organizing and in carrying out the recruitment process with the Ukrainian RC
- Ensure administrative management of the international teams and supervise the follow-up of absences and leaves
- Supervise the follow-up of VISA applications for delegates coming to the country of mission together with the liaison officer
C- Financial management of the mission
- Participate in budget development within the framework of project proposals.
- Produce financial and budgetary documents in compliance with internal procedures and ensure consistency between the forecasted activities and the required funds.
- Ensure the implementation and proper use of financial, accounting, and budgetary management procedures and tools
- Control and maintain constant supervision of the financial procedures
- Ensure, throughout the projects, the proper allocation of funds.
- Supervise the follow-up of the financial reports, submitted/to be submitted by the partners
- Ensure the correct allocation of expenses and carry out the monthly accounting closing after completing all the required controls.
- Ensure the transmission of the monthly accounting to the FRC’s headquarters
- Ensure a proper archiving of the supporting documents according to the rules established by the FRC.
- Establish the cash flow forecast and send it to the Management Control department at headquarters (CDG).
D- Capacity building:
- Ensures the implementation of management processes and procedures between the FRC and the URCS
HIERARCHICAL AND FUNCTIONAL LINKS :
Works under the direct responsibility of the Head of Delegation.
Collaborate internally with : HQ Finance controller, HQ International HR department
Collaborates externally with: Financial Director of Ukrainian Red Cross; Admin Manager of the Ukrainian Red Cross
Educational background and experiences:
- Minimum 3 à 5 years of experience in emergency humanitarian context as Admin-Fin delegate
- Experienced in the presentation of reports
- Computer skills (complete autonomy on Word and Excel, knowledge of SAGA software is an asset).
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Proper knowledge of CRF and RCRC Movement would be an asset
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Knowledge of finance/administration and HR procedure
- Strong organizational capacities
- English mandatory (oral and written); any other language of the region would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Proactivity and flexibility
- Autonomy and sense of team working
- Passport valid for more than 12 months at the time of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination records / fitness to travel
- Full vaccination schedule required
Practical information related to the position
Conditions of employment
- Type of status: expatriate
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract under French law
- Salary: According to the classification of the position on the CRf grid and the experience of the candidate
- Per diem: daily per diem which varies according to the country
- Leave: 10 to 15 days minimum every 6 months – Airfare paid at 100% by CRF for home travel
- Health coverage: CFE + Mutuelle MSH (covered 100%) – covered at 75% by the CRF
- MedEvac/repatriation insurance: YES
- Other insurances: Provident insurance (death and disability)
- Location: Kiev-UKRAINE
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting date : May 2023
- Status: DMI
The French Red Cross reserves the right to close a recruitment before the closing date of the advertisement and the application deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
If we do not contact you within 3 weeks, please consider that we will not consider your application.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Red Cross Movement, we invite you to follow two online training courses, free of charge and accessible to all. W.O.R.C. (World of Red Cross and Red Crescent): this course covers topics such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, the emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and the national societies. Stay Safe aims to develop a common culture of security management within the Movement. You can find these courses on the International Federation’s Learning Platform: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx
Candidates should apply directly via the FRC job board and send CV and CL