Foundation for Children Call for EOIs: Supporting Health and Welfare of Children in Australia
Deadline: 30 September 2018
The Financial Markets Foundation for Children is seeking expression of interests for its grant program with an aim to assist in the health and welfare of children in Australia.
The Financial Markets Foundation for Children is a company incorporated under the Corporations Law and is the trustee of a charitable trust of the same name, whose purpose is the promotion of the health and welfare of children of Australia.
The Foundation is supported by participants of Australia’s financial community, receiving both corporate and individual donations to fund research programs and a wide range of other projects designed specifically to improve the health, welfare and well-being of the future of Australia.
- The Foundation generally awards grants of around $50,000 – $80,000 per year, and for either one or two years.
- A maximum amount of $100,000 for one year will be awarded, with no more than a total of $160,000 awarded for a two year project.
- Grants normally are made for projects which can be completed within 12 – 24 months.
- Applicants should outline the significance of the project, why it warrants support and how it relates to the Foundation’s aim to assist in the health and welfare of children in Australia.
- Age Specification: Preference will be given to projects focussed on children aged 14 years and under, although the Foundation will consider projects relating to children up to 18 years of age.
- Results of Research and Patents: It is an Australian Taxation Office requirement that the results of the Project must be made available in relevant journals and any Australian patents issued in the course of the research must be made available to all interested parties on the same terms. The support of the Foundation should be acknowledged in an appropriate way in all published papers and reports and a copy sent to the Foundation following their publication so that the foundation can keep accurate records of the productivity resulting from funding.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Foundation for Children