Forus recrute 01 Directeur
Forus (formerly the International Forum of National NGO Platforms – IFP / FIP) represents more than 22,000 organisations and brings together 69 national development NGO platforms and 7 regional coalitions in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Pacific.
Forus’ main mission is threefold:
- Connect NGO Platforms and Regional Coalitions to build joint actions, learn from each other and fight for an enabling environment for civil society organisations
- Support and develop the capacities of our members for more effective participation in decision-making processes, using the network’s collective intelligence and innovative approaches
- Influence public policies together with our members, by engaging in official negotiations, deliberations and public mobilisations at national, regional and international levels.
Forus is currently looking for a dynamic, motivated and creative person to take the lead of the Executive team, as Director. She /he will be working closely with the staff of Forus, its Council and national and regional members. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and strengthen Forus and its members’ impact, within a multicultural environment and decentralized team.
The ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in representing interests towards political and social actors, skills of working with diverse stakeholders, and creating platforms of cooperation, networking, building partnerships and alliances. Human resources management, as well as ability to supervise administrative and financial management and proficiency in English, French and Spanish are compulsory.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Facilitate the participation and leadership of the member organizations in the Forus network and defend the interests of NGOs, based on Forus’ Council and General Assembly’s orientations.
- Oversee the overall management, develop and implement the strategy of Forus, based on Forus’ Council and General Assembly’s orientations.
- Ensure organizational sustainability by providing leadership, strategic direction and support in the implementation, in collaboration with Executive Committee (ExCom).
- Report to the Executive Committee (ExCom) and consult regularly with the Chair on important developments and major management decisions.
- Support the effective functioning of governance structures, ensuring that the governing bodies and the Executive team work well together.
- Lead and support the staff based in several countries in implementing all aspects of plans and strategies and deliver results in line with the mission and vision of Forus, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Oversee and steer the fundraising activities of Forus as well as upholding the values and principles of Forus and ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Represent Forus towards partners, stakeholders, public institutions and funders.
Membership & Coordination
- Ensure strong relationships with members (playing an active personal role in this) and foster their active participation in Forus in accordance with their diverse needs and capacities.
- Maintain awareness of the members’ activities, achievements, challenges and priorities through continuous close communications with them.
- Identify opportunities for and provide inspiring leadership to the cooperation and partnership of members in pursuit of their shared goals and objectives.
- Have overall oversight of Forus’ external profile, recognizing and creating opportunities for engagement and ensuring the most appropriate individuals are leveraged in all external engagements.
- Implement the Forus strategy, as a collaborative action among members & institutions; catalyze, influence and mobilize support for collaborative action.
- Ensure that the Council and ExCom are supported to deliver its responsibilities to lead the network.
- Propose key strategic and policy options for adoption by Forus and its political structures in coordination and consultation with the Chair and Council members and in accordance with General Assembly/Council mandate.
- Promote and coordinate – with the staff in the Executive team – the activities of the working structures of the network.
- Plan and prepare the General Assemblies and Council Meetings, organize and implement directives with the staff of the Executive team.
- Report on the progress and functioning of the program of work to the Council and the General Assembly.
Leadership and Management of the Executive team
- Lead the work of the executive team and inspire the participation and leadership of the members in the work and life of Forus.
- Develop organizational and managerial structures and capacities for continuous improvement in the quality and professionalism of all operations.
- Maintain and manage the Executive team in order to elaborate and achieve the objectives set out in the Strategic Plan and annual work plans and in accordance with the annual budget.
- Drive and coordinate the setting of plans and budgets for Forus, and oversee their successful implementation, ensuring effective, transparent use of resources.
- Implement and supervise the administrative & financial management and audit in consultation with the Treasurer and the Administrative & Financial Manager.
- Ensure that the Executive team is adequately resourced to fulfill its objectives and play an active role in fundraising.
- Ensure that the financial and legal affairs of Forus’ Executive team are adequately managed and ensure that all legal and contractual obligations are properly fulfilled in due time. Prepare project and program applications, as well as due reports.
- Work closely with Forus members, especially with the ExCom, Council and General Assembly (GA) to advocate the interests of the NGOs on various levels.
- Represent Forus towards partners, stakeholders, public institutions and funders, at regional and international meetings and events, share Forus’ work and activities with other affiliates and uphold and safeguard Forus’ position and interest at such meetings and events.
- Be a strong representative of the NGOs interests, fed by the input from its members, the Council and GA, and know how to influence various spheres where the Forus voice will be heard.
- Initiate and support the development of strategic alliances with stakeholders outside Forus.
|Expériences / Formation du candidat
- Minimum Qualification required: Master’s degree in Management, Social Sciences or equivalent.
Technical Skills/Expertise :
- Rich management experience especially in leading change and growth in organizations. Demonstrated ability in engaging staff in participatory decision making, creative problem solving and managing competing priorities, ability to motivate team work for social change.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders at a national and international level.
- Understanding of financial management, budget planning and budget execution.
- Proven fundraising record with institutional and private funders.
- Ability to galvanize a network of NGOs.
- Experience co-organising public events and conferences.
- Experience of public speaking.
Minimum Professional Experience required :
- 10 years of working experience in the field of development, including minimum 5 years of working experience in an international NGO or equivalent and minimum 5 years of working experience in management of multicultural teams.
- Successful track record of strategic leadership in non-profit, membership led organisations.
- Mandatorily proficient in English, French and Spanish in speaking and writing. Applications without these 3 language skills will be disqualified.
- Knowledge of Portuguese would be a plus.
Personal qualities/interpersonal skills :
- Commitment to Forus mission, vision and values with good understanding of global development issues, and understanding of the socio-cultural, historical, political and economic global context.
- Ability to proactively seek and provide feedback, strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others and towards shared objectives in a decentralized team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to organize own work and manage own time and interact with a decentralized team
- Ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to the members in manner that engage them and allow them to better participate in IFP’s work.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions, being creative and taking risk.
- Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines maintaining effective performance.
||Please send your CV (in English) and your cover letter (French AND English versions), including 3 references and salary expectations, to email@example.com by September 8, 2019.
Please include the position (Director) plus your name in the title of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews can be conducted face to face or by Skype, in French, English and Spanish, between September 16 and October 4.