Foodwatch recruits 01 Research and project coordinator Food: true costs, fair prices and affordability
You ensure the development and coordination of the foodwatch research and project on healthy food for all: true costs, fair prices and affordability under the supervision of the Executive Director of foodwatch France and in close collaboration with the international foodwatch team.
Indefinite contract, full time. Salary based on experience and location.
WHO IS FOODWATCH?
foodwatch is the European campaign NGO for a sustainable and democratic food system. With offices in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Brussels and Vienna, we fight together for pthe right to safe and healthy food and against fraud and misleading practices of companies. We want laws that are not dictated by the agri-food industry lobby but benefit everyone and are consistently enforced by governments and authorities. foodwatch is a citizen-based watchdog in the food sector. We are an independent counterpower, and do not accept any funding from governments, the food industry or the EU.
Coordination at international and national (France) level of the project True Costs, Fair Prices and Affordability of healthy food described in the annex:
• Research into what policies and scientific analyses is available already; identify where there are knowledge gaps and commission research from external researchers as relevant; translate the findings from the scientific and economic sphere into a campaign organisation so that we can together develop a strategy for the organisation and subsequent campaigns. Milestone first year = Conduct a context analysis, issue and actors mapping, with recommendations for foodwatch potential points of intervention and plan for further research as relevant.
• Start with a focus on France, ensuring transferability of the results and keeping in mind the wide scope of the European Union, especially in other EU countries where foodwatch is present.
• Ensure at international foodwatch level the vision and consistency of the project – context analysis, strategy and best practices exchanges.
• Make sure we develop a clear short and mid-term strategy and propose campaign ideas that contribute to the overall project goal, in collaborative team’ work.
• Coordinate the project with foodwatch team members, composed of dedicated colleagues in foodwatch offices across EU (France, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Brussels).
• Ensure adequate and effective liaison and coordination with external relevant actors – economists, sociologists, researchers, experts, NGOs, etc.
• Manage the project allocated budget and resources.
Expériences / Formation
PROFILE, SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
• Academic background in economics or closely related field of study;
• Fluency in English and French, both written and oral. Knowledge of German is an additional asset;
• Experience in a similar or relevant role of at least 3 years, i.e. with international coordination of different stakeholders, in the charity, NGO or development sectors, or relevant agency, or in relevant research function;
• Proven experience in scientific-based research, combined with a strategic thinking approach in how to put research into action;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Experience of supporting and/or undertaking campaigning, advocacy and activism, and a willingness and openness to developing skills in this area;
• Experience of developing and managing campaigning project and implementation support, including budget support;
• Excellent team collaboration, able to work in a flexible and supportive way. Communicative, able to moderate different perspectives and come to pragmatic solutions;
• Ability to manage a varied workload effectively, including managing competing demands, prioritisation and maintaining high levels of accuracy, attention to detail and output;
• A proactive attitude, curiosity and willingness to learn, and agile way of working.
WHAT WE OFFER :
• We offer you a highly varied job in a professional international organization that embraces and supports initiative and self-direction, and to which you can really contribute.
• Our goal is to let you grow in a stimulating work environment of an international, action-oriented organization.
• You will join a small, close-knit, flexible and hugely committed team.
• You will work in a unique collaboration with (international) campaigners where you regularly meet online but also offline to discuss strategy.
• The salary is competitive but depending on your knowledge, experience and your country of residence, please indicate your expectation for a full-time position in your country of residence and the date when you can start.
Please send your application with CV + motivation letter in English to email@example.com by May 31, 2023.