FAO recruits 01 Senior Procurement Assistant
Job Description: 1900930
Senior Procurement Assistant
Closure Date: 16/May/2019, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRANG
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Angola-Luanda
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is typically located in FAO Representation for Angola in Luanda.
The Senior Procurement Assistant reports to and receives guidance from Assistant FAO Representative (Administration). He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision and guidance received supports the incumbent in his/her day-to-day work.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Supervise and manage the procurement actions.
• Support monitoring through analysis of reports. Identify variances and/or compliance issues and make recommendations;
• Participate in the development of improved work methods and procedures;
• Check whether requests for action under his responsibility are in accordance with relevant rules and procedures of the Organization.
• Draft communications with procurement actions’ requesters to obtain additional information that may be required to complete the procurement processes including review by Procurement Panel. Determine approval level required and communicate with relevant officers to obtain necessary approvals.
• Make initial recommendation regarding the type of bid to be requested.
• Make a preliminary review of bids received (i.e. prepare Commercial Resume for the review/approval of the local PO) and forward bids to requester.
• Ascertain that all relevant approvals and clearances have been obtained. Prepare and then issue tender documents, Purchase Orders/Contracts and POs/Contracts amendments using appropriate standard models amended as appropriate, ensuring that all relevant information has been provided and that tenders/contracts documents are complete and correct in all details.
• Respond to telephone/email queries from potential suppliers, bidders, contractors, requesters and directs queries as necessary to responsible Officers thus to prepare/issue official clarifications to all invited vendors.
• Prepare all relevant documentation to launch tenders/contracts and amendments using systems in place for contract preparation and maintenance of data. Throughout the life-cycle of a contract, obtain and upload required information in the computerized contracts systems, including financial, supplier and statistical data, in accordance with the prevailing instructions and procedures.
• Dispatch to suppliers invitations to bid, clarifications, purchase orders/Contracts, amendments to PO/Contracts both by email and physically by hand when needed.
• Monitor and carry out follow-up action on both invitations and POs acknowledgement, delivery by suppliers and acknowledgement by consignee, to ascertain that goods are shipped according to promised schedules and arrive to such schedules in order to close POs/CTs.
• Undertake general review of pending matters in the unit and report to the Officer concerned. Drafts on own initiative routine correspondence related to follow-up matters.
• Ensure collection and maintenance of accurate statistics information regarding average prices for key commodities and equipment. Enter these statistics on an electronic sheet and share with all project managers and other procurement requesters to ensure that correct and updated estimated costs are available.
• Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
– Technical superior degree or University degree
– Three years of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work,
– Working knowledge (Level C) of English and fluent in Portuguese
– Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment
-Good knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
-Good knowledge of UN’s administrative policies and procedures
-Previous experience with ERP systems
-Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations (CIPS certificate)
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT