ERIM recruits 01 Communications Manager
ERIM (formerly known as IREX Europe) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative projects to promote human rights and strengthen independent media and civil society. The ERIM approach emphasises partnerships with local development organisations to bring about change through training, partnerships, education, research and sub-granting schemes.
ERIM is looking for a Communications Manager to work on our civil society, media development and human rights projects.
This role is Lyon-based, including a minimum of 3 days a week in-office work, after an initial trial period of three months full-time based in the office.
- Developing communications material for ERIM projects, including but not limited to success stories, infographics and short updates for donors.
- Coordinating the organisation of events or the production of communications materials with partner organisations (e.g. networking events, articles for websites, podcasts, videos etc)
- Provide support for the implementation of different donor funded projects, directly managing projects and working with partners and other Project Managers on administration, monitoring and evaluation, financial reporting and project tracking.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism, human rights etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least five years’ experience in communication
- Excellent communication skills
- Native or very strong level of written and spoken English
- Pro-active, solutions focused, and able to work independently
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of the fields of civil society development, human rights promotion and/or media development
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Strong computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Right to work in the EU
- Based or willingness to be based in Lyon
The following criteria will be considered as an advantage:
- Familiarity with design software (InDesign etc), social media and WordPress
- Knowledge of French or Russian
The contract will be a 7-month CDD starting as soon as possible, with the possibility to be extended or become a permanent contract (CDI).
Gross salary is 2450 EUR/month with flexible 37/week working hours.
ERIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.
If you are interested, please send a CV, a letter of motivation, and three examples of communications materials you have produced to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 23 May 2022. We will review applications on a rolling basis and may send invitations to interview before the deadline. Please put “Communication Manager” in the title of your email. No phone calls please.