Embassy of the Czech Republic: Call for Proposals for Small-Scale Local Projects (SLP) 2019
Deadline: 5 October 2018
The Embassy of the Czech Republic has launched its annual call for proposals for the Small-Scale Local Projects (SLP). These projects are complementary to the large multiple-year projects implemented by the Czech Development Agency (CzDA) and are important component of the Czech Republic Development Cooperation since 2006.
- Funding provided by the Czech Republic for each project ranges between 200 000 CZK (approx. 8 000 USD) to maximum limit 500 000 CZK (approx. 20 000 USD).
- Co-funding from the applicant or other sources is welcomed. Overhead costs are to be borne by the applicant.
- Total sum of personal and travel costs, eventually insurance, vaccination and alike must not exceed 25% of total SLP budget.
- The projects should focus preferably on priority areas set by the Bilateral Development Cooperation Program 2018 – 2023 – inclusive social development (health and education) and natural resources management (water and sanitation), or should be complementary to other activities of the Czech Development Cooperation.
- All projects shall follow the national development strategy and should promote gender equality and respect for the environment.
- Only organizations that can demonstrate their independent legal status in Cambodia can submit SLP proposal(s):
- local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- local academic institutions working on local projects,
- international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities,
- municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects.
- The majority of SLP funding is to be directed toward local civil societyorganizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level. Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations can be eligible for a contribution, provided that they are working with local partners and on local projects. Similarly, municipal, regional or national government institutions may receive SLP funding, provided that their projects are essentially local in nature.
How to Apply
All proposals should be delivered in paper to the Embassy of the Czech Republic and in electronic form (scanned with stamp and signature, plus the original completed identification form – excel format) by e-mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Cambodia
For more information, please visit Small-Scale Local Projects.