Eastern Partnership European School Scholarship Programme 2019/20, Georgia
Date limite :
01 mars 2019
Tous les spécialités
Eastern Partnership European School Scholarship Programme 2019-2020
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) DIPLOMA
WITH A FOCUS ON EUROPEAN STUDIES AT THE NEW SCHOOL, TBILISI, GEORGIA
Following the successful launch of the ï¬rst Scholarship Call for Eastern Partnership students in the academic year 2018/19, the New School, in Tbilisi, Georgia, with the support of the European Union and the International Baccalaureate, is pleased to announce that the second Call for Scholarship for the year 2019/2020 is now open.
All eligible students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine aged 16-17 years old are invited to apply. Thirty-ï¬ve successful students will be chosen among the best performing in the region to obtain an IB Diploma with a focus on European Studies.
What is the objective of the Scholarship Programme
The Diploma Programme will consist of a two-year course of study based on the International Baccalaureate standard requirements combined with the unique opportunity of a specialised study of Europe and European affairs.
Through the guidance and support of the European Schools General Secretariat courses in human sciences, languages and literatures, arts and history, have been aligned to the European Baccalaureate (EB) studies and complemented by a distinct European perspective. In their studies, essays and learning activities, pupils will thus have the chance to also reflect on European topics and themes.
Extra-curricular activities will further define the European angle of students’ experience at New School, allowing them to attend conferences and events on European subjects by EU academics and Senior Officials. Possible study visits to the European Institutions aimed at reinforcing students’ knowledge of Europe and its people may be organised.
The IB Diploma Programme will be delivered by New School in Tbilisi, Georgia, an authorised IB School since 2010 and a partner of the European Union.
What does the Scholarships Package include
The Scholarship programme is funded by the European Union.
The scholarship covers the full two-year cycle of the IB Diploma Programme, plus boarding costs, where relevant.
The scholarship will be awarded the first academic year and will be automatically extended to the second academic year,Â subject to the students’ successful completion of year 1. Students will need not reapply for scholarship in their second year.Â
Included in the scholarship:Â
– Tuition fees for academic year 2019/2020 for the European-focused International Baccalaureate Programme at New School located in Tbilisi, GeorgiaÂ
– Boarding in Tbilisi, Georgia, including meals. Students will be accommodated in boarding facilities. The high quality and safety standards already adopted at New School premises will be maintainedÂ
– Round trips between Tbilisi and family residence, during annual school breaksÂ
– Allowance for local transportation, accessible to each student on a personal debit card of the Bank of GeorgiaÂ
– Study materials and resources needed for students to perform in the programme (books, laptops, calculators, and smartphones for the duration of the studies)
– Participation in EU sponsored seminars, conferences, study tours and other events
– Medical insurance, including dental care
The scholarship does not include:Â Â
– Direct transfers of funds or cash to students or students’ familiesÂ
– Domestic or international travel to/from Tbilisi of students’ family membersÂ
– Students’ personal expenses such as clothing, out of campus food or drinks, mobile phones and personal computers other than those provided for the purposes of carrying out the Diploma Programme.
Who is eligible to apply
The competition for the scholarship is based on merit and open at no cost to applicants who meet the requirements.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Be a citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine and be able to receive an international travel document to go to Georgia
2. Reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine at the time of application
3. Meet the grade/age requirements set for their country, as set out below:Â
4. Be enrolled in a secondary school in one of the six countries at the time of application
5. Demonstrate a minimum average of 70% of GPA over the previous and current year of secondary school studies
6. Have previously studied English and demonstrate English language ability at the time of registration (B2 Level and higher)
7. Knowledge of another EU language will be considered as anÂ advantageÂ
Note:Â Students who are required to complete military service in their final grade of school may not be eligible.
For more information click « LINK TO ORIGINAL » below.
Si vous avez quelques points qui ne sont pas claires, vous pouvez poser votre question sur notre forum de discussion. Poser votre question
N’oubliez pas de mentionner mina7 lors de votre candidature.