The Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship 2023
Applications are now open for the Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship 2023 Program.
At Novartis, they are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. Novartis has a rich history spanning over the course of 250 years, developing innovative products to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. Named one of Forbes’s Most Admired Pharmaceutical Companies of 2021, Novartis is a global healthcare company which aims to deliver high-value medicines that alleviate society’s most significant disease burdens through technology leadership in R&D and novel access approaches.
The team’s purpose is to put patients first. As healthcare and technology continue to evolve, they strive to develop breakthrough treatments and find innovative ways to deliver them to populations and patients in need. They work to expand access to medicine, eliminate disease, and make healthcare sustainable in the developing world.
Part of the culture as a company is to unleash the power of the people; they want everyone at Novartis to bring their best self to work, feel empowered to achieve their goals and influence change. Through The Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship with One Young World, Novartis wants to extend the culture of Inspired, Curios and ‘Unbossed’ to provide an opportunity for young leaders who have a passion for healthcare and want to join them in improving and extending people’s lives and making this world a better place.
This scholarship will support 10 young social entrepreneurs and their initiatives and assist in accelerating their leadership journey. Novartis scholars are young leaders that focus on supporting, advancing, and/or solving the most pressing issues in the healthcare and mental health space, including healthcare professionals, nurses, volunteers, and medical students.
Scholars will Receive
- Access to the One Young World 2023 Summit in Belfast, United Kingdom, which takes place from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast between 1 – 6 October.
- Travel to and from Belfast (economy). All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days).
- Ground transport that may be required between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Aged 18 – 30
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. One Young World will prioritise applicants from countries that are traditionally underrepresented at the One Young World Summit.
- Applicants cannot be employed by Novartis. Applicants must demonstrate a considerable positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity.
- Note: Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit
One Young World will evaluate these applications according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare and health-based initiative.
- Having good understanding of global issues
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Evidence of addressing key local and/or global healthcare issues
- Skills: Leadership, Innovation and Creativity, Collaboration, Entrepreneurial, Navigating complexity, Delivering results, Challenging the status quo
For more information, visit One Young World.