DSF recruits 01 Admin/ Log/ RH Coordinator – Cambodia
Context of the mission
Douleurs Sans Frontières is a French NGO whose mission is to promote, lead and develop all actions relating to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management of pain, suffering and end-of-life symptoms in vulnerable populations.
The headquarter of the organization, located in Paris at Lariboisiere Hospital, counts a permanent team of 6 people (employees and volunteers). The directors of organization are mainly health professionals.
Overseas missions count 10 long term expatriates and 50 local employees in 5 different countries (Cambodia, Haiti, Madagascar, Mozambique and Armenia). Actions are carried out in collaboration with local structures (hospitals, associations, universities…). A network of specialized health professionals (doctors, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists…) perform voluntary expertise missions in order to train and support the various programs.
The resources of the organization mainly originate from public institutions (European Commission, international cooperation, regions, departments, French Development Agency), public generosity and company sponsorship.
DSF program team consists of 5 country directors, 1 accountant, 1 administrative and financial manager, 1 general coordinator, 1 communication officer, 1 public and private grant officer as well as volunteers at the headquarter or attached to the missions including 6 health professionals program directors.
In Cambodia, DSF implements a palliative care project for cancer patients, completed by technical activities support and trainings of actor of the public sector. This project is funded by the French Development Agency and DSF itself for a 3-year period. This project aims to create a collective and multi-disciplinary dynamic to improve access and quality of care.
Activities and responsibilities
The administrative, logistic, and financial coordinator insures the smooth operation of administration and the proper use of funds and human resources of the mission. He is responsible of the application of rules and procedures.
The administrative, logistic, and financial coordinator works under the responsibility of Country Director, in collaboration with the headquarter administrative and financial manager and in link with the local administrative assistant.
Its activities and responsibilities are the following:
1. Administrative and accounting management
- Insure that DSF complies to applicable laws
- Centralize and check the accounting of the mission
- Supervise the expenditure and the good bookkeeping of all cashboxes of the mission
- Ensure the proper storage and archiving of administrative and accounting document in accordance with DSF and donors recommendations.
- Manage cashflow of the mission and prepare cash request for the headquarter.
- Train administrative and accounting assistant to implementation of international procedures.
- Follow legal cases with legal adviser and country director.
2. Financial management
- Manage and follow all the budgets
- Ensure the proper use of funds in accordance with financing contracts and DSF procedures.
- Elaborate budgets of projects proposals.
- Produce financial reports
- Prepare and follow projects audits
- Develop the annual program
- Ensure the management of budgets, analysis of gaps and recommendations.
3. Logistics management
- Follow and ensure the purchasing circuit and the related documents, and train rest of the staff to its use.
- Oversee project infrastructure, i.e. leases, insurance policies etc.
- Plan, organize and supervise the logistics activities of the mission: supply, inventory management, equipment, vehicle fleet, computer fleet, transport, maintenance and stewardship
- Manage support team of the mission (admin assistant, driver and cleaner)
- Ensure the follow up of the mission equipment’s and their safety.
- Guarantee respect of logistic procedures of donors and DSF.
4. Human Ressources
- Improve administrative management tools in Human Resources
- Coordinate all the recruitments carried out on the mission
- Centralize data related to personnel management, follow up on contracts and their payments.
- Update the organization chart of the mission and contribute to its implementation
- Capitalize training needs and participate in the implementation of training for national employees
- Make sure that RH policy and human resources procedures are know and respected by national and international staff.
5. Coordination and representation
- Participate in internal coordination meetings and propose adequate adjustment regarding its general functioning.
- Maintain and develop good working relations as well as good visibility of the association with civil authorities, donors and other humanitarian actors
- Represent the association in inter-NGO admin coordination meetings
Expériences / Formation
- Graduate education, such as business school, master’s in management/finance and/or administrator of humanitarian project
- At least a previous experience in similar position, preferably in NGO
- Proficient informatic tools and Office suite (Word, Excel), knowledge of accounting software Saga is a plus.
- Good analytic skills and priority management
- Rigorous, meticulous, and proactive.
- Autonomy and organizational skills
- Written and oral fluency in English mandatory, good level of French required, Khmer appreciated
- A managerial experience and knowledge of Asian cultures would be a plus.
- Start Date : September 2022
- Duration : 1 year renewable
- Contract: International Volunteer Status (VSI) – Allowance between 800 and 1000€, per diem 400€ + accommodation allowance and insurances.
Applications in English or French (CV, cover letter) should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org