DRC recruits 01 AVR Coordinator (W/M)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe : we provide
emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected
areas , along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local
communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and –
whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international
humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and
present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, nongovernmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect,
independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.”
With one million internally displaced persons, of which approximately 30% have been displaced for a year or more, the humanitarian community must constantly reflect on the perspectives to be implemented at the programmatic level in the short, medium and long term. DRC has been operating in Burkina Faso since January 2013, with 4 field offices (Dori, Kaya, Ouahigouya and Dedougou), 3 sub-offices (Gorom Gorom, Djibo, Thiou) and 01 country office in Ouagadougou. DRC’s program in Burkina Faso focuses on community recovery and development with a multi-sectoral approach.
About the job
The Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) provides direct supervision (as designated by the HoP) and technical leadership to DRC Burkina Faso’s AVR response, and oversees the delivery of DRC Burkina Faso’s AVR project portfolio. Furthermore, the AVR Coordinator is supporting the HoP in developing DRC’s AVR programme strategy and ensure that linkages with other DRC sectors especially protection and food security are forged.
Your main duties and responsibilities regarding result-driven and timely response will be:
- Lead the Programme Strategy
- Lead the Programme Development
- Technical Management of Staff working within AVR interventions
- Contribute to representation & coordination
- Contribute to Reporting & MEAL
To be successful in this role we expect you to demonstrate your knowledge, know how, and know how to behave for this position. More specifically, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the management or supervision of AVR programs
- Significant work experience in the areas of community security, conflict prevention, social cohesion, dialogue and rebuilding trust between public service users and administrations/institutions, prevention of violent extremism, support for the role of youth and/or women in peace and security issues
- Previous significant work experience in an international context (in Burkina Faso, the Sahel or elsewhere)
- Proven experience in independently managing partner and donor relationships and representation functions
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines and commitments
- Excellent writing and speaking skills essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment
- Strong technical support and capacity building capabilities: strong commitment to building the capacity of field staff and partners
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Excellent command of the French language, both written and spoken
- Cultural sensitivity and strong intercultural communication skills
- Previous experience with DRC/DDG on RVA projects would be an asset
- Knowledge of DRC/DDG’s areas of intervention in Burkina Faso (Yatenga, Soum and Oudalan provinces) would be an asset
- Proven skills in resource mobilization would be an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months
Band: Non-Management- G
Designation of Duty Station: The position is based in Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou (Family Duty station) with frequent travels to field locations. The position is unaccompanied.
Start date: 01/07/2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Karina PASCAL-SUISSE, Head of Programs: email@example.com
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19/05/2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.