DDD recruits 01 Human Ressources Coordinator – Turkey / Syria (Istanbul)
Doctors of the World – Turkey / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 4 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based at Istanbul DDD HQ , the HR Coordinator reports to the Deputy General Director (head of support services) and will directly supervise 2 HR Managers.
- Policies and procedures review
- Organisation Planning
- Team management
- Legal framework (Labour law)
- Capacity and Career Development
- Administration and Payroll
- Other related tasks
1. Policies and Procedures
- Ensures the application of DDD policies for the national and international staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, individual files, briefing and inception plan of new employees, confidentiality of HR information, etc.)
- Assists in the development and update of DDD HR policy to ensure compliance with the local labour and taxation law
- Supervise the general HR administration procedures implementation
- Supports the field bases and coordinators for any HR issues
2. Organisational planning
- Contributes to the development of organisational charts, focusing on tasks and the definition of hierarchical and functional relations (e.g. position titles, etc.)
- Updates the classification and salary grid when needed; and ensures its strict implementation across the organisation
- Assist in the development of job profiles in the respect of the classification grid
- Participates to the definition of Human Resources needs in the framework of yearly budget & revised yearly budget; and during the writing of project proposals and/or any amendments
3. Team management
- Supervise the overall recruitment and training / caoacity building of HR staff
- Define team members action plans and deadlines for reaching goals
- Conduct team meetings, individual meetings and individual appraisals
- Provides regular support to the HR department staff
- Provides regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility
- Provide HR support, training and advice to all staff through regular workshops and trainings
- Ensure disciplinary measures are taken, when appropriate
- Provide HR Data monthly reporting to the Deputy General Director
- Participates in Budget construction or budget review on HR shared costs with finance team
- Provide regular reporting on HR activities to the Line-Manager, upon his/her solicitation
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract
- Ensures preparation of external or internal audit on all HR requirements
5. Legal Framework (Labour Law)
- Establish all formalities as required by relevant Turkish authorities from HR point of view
- Supervises the framework writings of the various Employment contracts
- Ensure and monitor the existence and the archiving of all HR related documents
- Liaise with general coordination on all issues linked to the HR aspect of the organization
6. Capacity and Career development
- Monitor and ensure fair and transparent procedures for recruitment
- Define, follow-up and monitor training plan for the staff in accordance with legal requirements and DDD guidelines
7. Administration and payroll
- Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures in compliance with Turkish Legal requirements
- Improve and update the tools used in staff administration and payroll if necessary
- Participate regularly in surveys of in-country NGOs salaries, conditions of employment and rules to ensure DDD competitiveness
- Ensure remuneration systems are fair and consistent with the cost of living for local employees
8. Other tasks related to the position
- Ensure the relevant documents are available for the recruitment of international staff and assist in the application of work/residence permit or visa
- Participate in the development of DDD HR strategic directions
- Perform any other duties related with his/her positions, as required by DDD Management
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Experience / Training
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Academic Background in HR Management and/or Administration – Master Degree
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience at similar or equivalent position
- Familiar with international NGO culture or multicultural environment.
- Required: English (oral and written)
- Preferred: Turkish, French or Arabic
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package and HR management softwares
General Qualities required:
- Sense of diplomacy and ability to resolve conflicts
- Stress tolerance and ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
6 months fix term contract.
Turkish contract under Turkey labor law, subject to the obtention of a work permit. (DDD will apply for the work permit and assist the candidate with the application)
Monthly Gross salary between 26,450 and 32,230 TRY according to experience and qualification + Health / pension / social security (SGK package).
14 days of annual leave + 12 days of bonus leave per year.
Duty station at DDD Istanbul HQ (Beyoglu) + frequent trips to Antakya and Izmir field offices.
How to apply
send cover letter stating interest and motivation to apply to the position +updated cv to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org