DDD recruits 01 Finance Coordinator – Turkey / Syria (Istanbul)
Doctors of the World – Turkey / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 4 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The Finance Coordinator is under the direct line management of the Senior Finance Coordinator and will directly manages Finance Manager.
- Internal Control and Compliance
- Financial Management
- Budget Monitoring (budget follow up and forecasts) and co-funding
- Reporting (grants)
- Financial Partnership Management
- Team Management
1. Internal Control
- Assist in further refinement of DDD financial procedures and guidelines; and ensures it is updated according to donor’s and Turkish national regulations;
- Ensure compliance of all financial procedures in accordance with DDD and donors’ guidelines;
- Provide support to the logistic and programme department on relevant donor guidelines and requirements;
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with throughout the operations by all staff;
- Provide financial information to the Field coordinators, both proactively and on request, in order to monitor the project expenditure according to Budget Follow up files.
- Assist in preparing donor financial reports and requirements; and ensure that they are complied with to maximise available funding;
- Develop financial risk analysis and monitor areas of threats from the monthly Budget Follow up files.
- Assist in preparation of external or internal audit
2. Financial Management
- Supervises the accountancy : quality of documents, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation
- Ensure accuracy of financial data entered in the financial software (SAGA software)
- Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents
3. Budget Monitoring
- Assist in the preparation of annual and donor budgets in coordination with the programme and other related departments
- Monitors overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints
- Follow the cost allocation table according to the Budget Follow up files
- Ensure accuracy of the financial information
- Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual programmes against budget, and provide timely advice of potential over or under-spending to the Coordination Team and the relevant Project teams
- Ensure respective budget holders understand variance implications and advise on how to respond to and manage them effectively
- Identification and analysis of any discrepancy and suggestion of solution
4. Financial Partnership Management
- Ensure the financial partnership management tool are implemented
- Assist in the development of training plans for the partners based on assessment and identification of financial capacities to be improved
5. Team Management
- Provides regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility
- Provide financial support, training and advice to all staff
- Prepares monthly budget follow-up (BFU) and forecasts with Field Coordinators
- Provide a Mission report and/or Handover document at the end of the assignment
7. Other position related tasks
- Represent and actively participate in relevant team meetings
- Support operational organisation of DDD activities
- Any other relevant tasks, as requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Experience / Training
- 3-5 years of similar experience in NGOs and multicultural Work Environment
- knowledge of SAGA software.
- familiar with complex co-funding.
- knowledge of ECHO rules and other donors.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with BFUs.
- Fluent in english. Turkish, arabic or french are assests.
- Prior experience in middle east.
- Sense of diplomacy.
- Stress tolerance and ability to work under pressure.
6 months fix term contract.
Turkish contract under Turkey labor law, subject to the obtention of a work permit. (DDD will apply for the work permit and assist the candidate with the application)
Monthly Gross salary between 26,450 and 32,230 TRY according to experience and qualification + Health / pension / social security (SGK package).
14 days of annual leave + 12 days of bonus leave per year.
Duty station at DDD Istanbul HQ (Beyoglu) + frequent trips to Antakya field office.
How to apply
- To apply for the position, please click here.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 14/08/2020