Darwin Plus: Environment Funding for the UK Overseas Territories
Deadline: 3 September 2018
The Darwin Plus (also known as The Overseas Territories Environment and Climate Fund) is seeking applications to provide funding for:
- environmental projects in UK Overseas Territories
- fellowships for UK Overseas Territories (OT) Nationals to increase their knowledge and ability to meet long-term strategic outcomes for the natural environment in UK Overseas Territories
- Darwin Plus projects
- Funding is open to any organisation as long as the proposed project will benefit one or more of the UK OTs (listed below) by to protecting and enhancing their biodiversity or addressing wider environment or climate-related issues.
- Applicants can include:
- OT governments
- non-governmental organisations
- research institutions
- the private sector
- other stakeholders
- Darwin Plus Fellowships
- The applicant organisation will usually be UK-based and the proposed Fellow must be an OT national who has worked or is working on environmental issues in the UK OTs.
- The 14 UK Overseas Territories are:
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- The British Virgin Islands
- The Cayman Islands
- The Falkland Islands
- The Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie & Oeno Islands
- Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (including Gough Island Dependency)
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Sovereign Base Areas, Akrotiri and Dhekelia (on Cyprus)
- The Turks & Caicos Islands
How to Apply
Applicants need to apply online for Round 7 Darwin Plus projects and fellowships via given website.
For more information, please visit Darwin Plus.