TITLE: Warehouse keeper
LOCATION: Senegal, Saint Louis
REPORTS TO: Comrnodity Officer
START DATE: TBD
Counterpart International helps people build becter cives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities—our counterparts—to become solution creators in their own familles, communities, regfons and countries to tackle social, econoirilc, environmental, health and governance issues. In Senegal Counterpart since 2001 implements among others an integrated sc-hool feeding and nutrition project « McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition » financed by US Department of Agriculture (USDA) named Sukaabe Janngo (Children of Tomorrow) (2018 – 2 022) and a complementary project to support local food procurement entitled Transition of Food in School Canteens in Senegal (TACSS). Both projects will be implemented in the Saint-Louis region.
Counterpart international is seeking two (02) Data Analysts for its USDA funded McGovern-Dole Food for Education and Local Regional Procurement programs in Senegal. With support and under the direct supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and the oversight of the Program Evaluation and Learning Manager, the Data Analyst will assist in interpreting data e.g., and turning them into information which can offer ways to improve achievements, thus affecting decisions. Gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends.
Assist with developing, revising, implementing, and overseeing the program’s performance management and reporting system, including updating the Performance Monitoring Pian (PMP), ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of calculation methodologies used in the PMP, establishing data collection and management systems, coordinating with organizations, ensuring data integrity, verifying data, preparing and submitting ail required performance reports to be submitted to HQ and/or USDA in -a timely manner. The Data Analyst will also assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with providing technical assistance to the program partners, e.g., Host Government, Civil Society Organizations, grantees and beneficiaries as required.
This position is based in Saint Louis and open to local candidates only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Warehouse Keeper oversees the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of commodities. S/he will have to ensure warehouse health, storage and safety requirements are met and Lake responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
• To check conformities between the delivered quantities with the expected arrivais and to carry out their recording in the register of the store and on the cards of stock;
• To lay out stocks of goods so as to easily be able to carry out an easy counting of the piles and regularly update the stock cards;
• Ta maintain separate inventories for each project;
• To oversee and conduct inventory of TACSS commodities at different sites/warehouses, as nèeded;
• Ta proceed ta the dispatching of the commodities and other nonfood items in accordance with the plans of distribution and receive’d instructions from the Commodity Officer;
• Ta conduct regular physical and theoretical inventory of stocks;
• Ta draw up each month a report/ratio making generai state of the warehouse (movement of stock, state of the store and condition of storage);
• Plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements for certain stock, such as fragile products;
• Ensure productivity targets are metancl maintain computerized administration and autornated storage and retrievai systems.
• In a large operation, s/he wili have to oversee the picking, packing and distribution activity.
• Overseeing stock monitoring and control;
• Ensure quality and delivery objectives are met;
• Carry out responsibilities, as required, for the use of automated and computerized systems;
• Address requests and questions from the Commodity Officer by emall, fax and telephone prompt;
• Keep stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements;
• Elaborate regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly oasis;
• Immediately brief the Commodity Officer on any issues on the same day;
• Ensue that the warehouse and commodities stored meet health, safety, cleanliness and security requirements;
• Undertake any other tasks as required by the Commodity Officer, the -field Prograrn Manager and/or the TACSS Project Director;
• At least a university degree or equivalent in Administration, Project Management, Accounting, Statistics, Logistics, Social Sciences or related field,
• Three (3) years working experience in the Management of Food commodities and warehouses.
• Knowledge of CPI and USDA regulations pertaining to aid and relief food commodities tracking, accounting, and reporting,
• Experience with USG commodities is required,
• Good knowledge in inventory management,
• Experience in Program planning, Implementation and reporting,
• Ability to handle conflicting tasks; to prioritize and deliver high quality performance on a regular basis and in a timely manner,
• lndependent thinker, ability to identify potential problems and offer solutions,
• Proven knowledge of U.S. Government rules, regulations, policies and procedures,
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
• Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skiils,
• Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills,
• Have a good abilityto manage relationships with diverse people; an ability to work well alone and in a team environment,
• The successful candidate must be details-oriented and meticulous,
• Fluency in French and good knowledge in English are required.
« Counterpart International strongly believes in equai opportunity for ail, vvithout regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran’s status, age, marital status, sexual preference, clisability or any other protected personal characteristic. »