COOPI has been operating and developing humanitarian projects in South Lebanon during the years 2003-2005, then, since 2013, in Northern Lebanon, supporting most basic and pressing needs of Refugees and vulnerable host communities through a multi-sector and integrated approach. COOPI assists the targeted communities mainly by providing water, sanitation and hygiene assistance, shelter support, multi-purpose cash assistance and education support.
Since June 2018 COOPI has been implementing a Solid Waste Management Project financed by EuropeAID, entitled: “SWaM Akkar. Supporting Sustainable Solid Waste Management in Jurd al-Kaytee, Akkar”, whose objective is to improve and to support integrated sustainable solid waste management within the Union of Municipalities of Jurd el-Kaytee in Akkar district, Nahr al-Bared river basin by:
- introducing a Participative Waste Management Master Plan in Jurd al-Kaytee area;
- mitigating the Municipal solid waste pollution in all the member municipalities;
- sensitizing the Local authorities and local community on sustainable waste management and recycling.
The programme is implemented in collaboration of several partners, including the Union of Municipalities of Jurd al-Kaytee (UMoJK), three international partners expert in the sector, the American University of Beirut (AUB) and one local partner specialized in the sector.
We strongly recommend the national staff to apply.
The Country Administrator is responsible for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in country.
- S/he ensures compliancy with financial and administrative requirements set by the Donors and by COOPI;
- S/he supports the Head of Mission and Project Managers in budget preparation as well as proposals development;
- S/he controls and assures compliance of program expenditures with program budgets;
- Monitors cash flows and supervise petty cash handling;
- S/he ensures proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-ups overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner;
- S/he prepares payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure;
- Ensures classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines;
- S/he ensures appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated;
- S/he provides timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts; ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities.
- S/he supervises preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program;
- Ensures that contractual commitments are accurately tracked; supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process;
- S/he ensures budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place.
- Procurement: s/he provides technical oversight to the procurement process and ensures proper supply chain management procedures are in place and that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within COOPI country programme;
- Bring-up date the stock inventory.
- S/he coordinates and supervises overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, contracts, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained;
- S/he supervises the preparation of contracts for personnel staff;
- S/he manages contracts of local and international staff and supervises administration staff, from an administrative point of view;
- S/he coordinates the Country’s registration documents, from the visas of the staff to the registration processes at the local authorities.
- S/he prepares, on a monthly basis, financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Milan HQs;
- S/he produces monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements;
- S/he prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly projects’ financial reports.
- S/he builds relationship with the banks for a proper financial management;
- The Country Administrator will also contribute at managing the relationship with the institutional partners and stakeholders with specific reference to the authorization requests and to the procurement;
- S/he participates and engages on sector forums from LHIF related to Finance and HR or any other as per requested by the Head of Mission.
- University degree in Business or Technical sciences or in Economics;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in international relief and development in Middle East countries in a similar position;
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
- Experience at working on one or more among the main donors, with priority to EU, ECHO, UNHCR, AICS, OCHA, USAID-FFP and WFP;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/ local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with accountability for security monitoring and management;
- Fluency in English and Arabic;
- Ability to manage a humanitarian programme by an administrative point of view;
- Ability to understand the administrative policies of the donors;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Budget design and management (mission coordination costs);
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Very good inter-personal behaviour.
- Experience in organizing and supervising a complex team;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments;
- Knowledge of Italian;
- Previous work experience in country;
- Knowledge of COOPI’s procedures;
- Knowledge of main donors’ procedures.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.