|Description||This is a 24 month, replacement role with accompanied terms based in Port au Prince with 20% of the time scheduled and spent in the programme areas as the programme expands into the rural areas, with a salary of Grade 5 €44,095 – €48,995 and benefits.|
You will report to the Country Director and will manage a team of three, direct report being the Assistant Country Finance Controller. The Senior Finance Officer and the Finance Assistant are line managed by the Assistant Country Finance Controller. You will liaise other Senior Management Team members, budget holders, HR, Logistics, Dublin and Regional Finance staff, local banks, auditors.
We would like you to start in January 2020.
Your purpose: As a member of Concern Haiti’s SMT, the Country Financial Controller (CFC) is responsible for the effective management of Concern Haiti’s finance function. This will include ensuring internal controls are in place, managing the finance team, partner finance oversight, training, treasury management, financial planning/budgeting, and reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper financial management and reporting on all grants received by Concern Haiti. Maintaining and managing controls & procedures to safeguard and account for all assets, funds and interests of Concern’s operations is a crucial part of the role. The CFC will undertake staff training & development. The CFC is also a member of the senior management team and will participate in all key decisions relating to finance.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and monitoring an effective and efficient system of internal controls (i.e. ledger, cashbooks, balance sheet reconciliations, cash and bank management etc.) which comply with Concern Worldwide’s financial guidelines and minimise the risk of fraud or misappropriation.
- Ensuring financial systems of the country programme are operating in line with standard Concern procedures and they meet the monitoring and reporting requirements of the Country Management Team, Donors and National Authorities;
- Ensuring there is a complete record of capital assets and that they are adequately safeguarded
- Organising and supporting financial assessments, reviews, monitoring and training of local partner organisations;
- Undertaking field visits as the programme grows to assess the financial systems in place & implement improvements wherever needed
- Accepting, advancing and pursuing any new objectives or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Country Director including transfer of existing duties and/or re-assignment to other responsibilities should the organisation so require
- Ensure that the global accounting package (Microsoft Great Plains) is maintained in a proper manner, and utilized in an appropriate and effective manner
Financial and Donor Reporting
- Ensuring that country management prepares the annual and revised Country budget and donor budgets, as accurately as possible
- Producing monthly management accounts (budget vs. actual) and working with the programme teams and department managers to understand their expenditure reports (management accounts) and budgets
- Overseeing the accurate preparation of financial reports and ensuring both organisational and donor requirements are met within agreed timeframes
- Overseeing the process of for new project/programme budgets and reviews
- Maintaining a donor financial management system in order to optimize funding and to ensure efficient and accurate reporting to donors, including donor compliance
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of financial reports for Concern’s Head Office (Financial Reporting Pack (i.e. FRP)
- Reconcile all balance sheet items on a timely basis, in accordance with Concern Worldwide policies & procedures
- Finalise year end accounts for the external auditors and provide any ad-hoc finance reports for Concern’s Head Office
People Management and Capacity Building
- Providing leadership and direction for the in-country Finance Team
- Providing training and support to financial and non-financial staff regarding Concern’s financial procedures and internal controls
- Develop a second layer of staff who can fill the gap whenever any position is vacant in the finance team.
- Ensuring Concern’s values and policy commitments, including accountability and equality, are reflected in the work of the Finance Team/Department;
Other financial duties
- Facilitate internal, external and donor audits and associated reviews of field systems
- Ensure that all statutory deductions & taxes in respect of national staff are complied with & to liaise with relevant authorities in this respect.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Country’s Strategic Plan
- Contribute to the development of the country’s strategic direction and to the overall leadership of the country programme
- Any other finance-related assignments
Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Developing and managing a strong finance team, so that all finance functions provide optimal support to the country programme
- Actively participate in the SMT meetings and be proactively involved in the decision making processes
Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Ensure adherence to the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Ensure finance staff understanding and adhere to the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Ensure the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) are understood by finance staff
- Contribute to and ensure that the Niger programme delivers on its accountability commitments.
- Promote an organization environment which is fair, open, protective and which fosters a learning culture.
- Ensure the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever acquired in the course of duty, relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide, to any other person or Organization without authority, except in normal execution of the above duties
- Ensure strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorised personnel only
- Ensure strict adherence to Concern Haiti Financial Procedures and Fraud Policy and remaining within the boundaries of these policies at all times
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||Your skills and experience will include:|
- Professionally Qualified Accountant ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA;
- At least two years’ experience working as an accountant at managerial level;
- Experience with computerized accounting packages, ideally Microsoft Great Plains;
- Working with major international donors and grants compliance requirements.
- Fluent French and English (written and spoken).
- Willingness to work in an insecure environment.
- Computer literate and excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Management of diverse and multi-operational teams, including the ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong training and mentoring skills.
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills
- Empathy with Concern’s mission, vision and goals, and our target group
We would also like:
- You to be flexible, reliable and proactive
- You to be culturally sensitive and empathic to others
- You to be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines;
- You to have some sense of humour
- A ‘can do’ attitude