Communications and Knowledge Management Intern – UN Volunteers Headquarters
Deadline: February 26, 2016
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for recognition of volunteers, working with partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing an increasing number and diversity of volunteers, including experienced UN Volunteers, throughout the world.
The UNV is seeking interested individuals who are willing to serve as Communications and Knowledge Management Intern at the organization’s Headquarter in Bonn, Germany. The internship lasts for 3months and begins as soon as possible.
The Internship Programme operates on a non-remunerative basis. Costs and arrangements for travel, visa, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern.
- Currently enrolled in a Masters’ degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Communications, Public or Business Administration, Economics or a related field;
- Fluency in English and French; knowledge of Spanish an asset;
- Very good written communications skills;
- Experience from developing communications and knowledge products;
- Proven, strong experience from effectively managing and using social media tools;
- Experience from translation between English and Spanish;
- Proficiency in MS-Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook);
- Work experience in the area of volunteerism, as well as experience in developing countries is an asset;
- Graphic design skills and experience an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in
a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- A proactive attitude, with flexibility, spontaneity, initiative, an open and positive mind with a genuine desire to learn while doing and taking on new tasks;
- Time management skills, an ability to prioritise and work independently and at times under pressure;
- Strong interest in learning more about development cooperation and the UN Volunteers programme and its processes and tools; and
- Knowledge of the UN work environment would be an advantage.
Applications should be submitted to Mr Paul Armand Menye at firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and a cover letter.
The internship is based at UNV Headquarters (HQ) in Bonn, Germany.
For more information, visit UNV Internship.