CGTrader Annual Scholarship 2018 ($2,000 prize)
Deadline: December 14, 2018
Applications are invited for the CGTrader Scholarship 2018. Every year CGTrader challenges students to dig into the field of technology by writing an essay on how innovative technologies are transforming our lives. Write and submit an original essay on the topic “Our life on a spaceship: the future of mankind”.
Technology has drastically changed the way we see our future. Major space technology companies have varying ideas of how humanity will explore Space. We are facing a future where thousands and, eventually, millions of humans might live in spaceships, whether in orbit around the Earth, in transit to other planets or in space stations without ever landing on solid ground in their lifetimes. This future is exciting the imagination of everyone in Academia: from anthropologists, to physicists, biologists, designers, and engineers. Many experiments are conducted globally to find out how we could adapt to this future. Still, there are a lot of things left for the imagination.
CGTrader wants to encourage students to think about how life will change when people are confined to weightlessness in limited spaces. What devices will they use? How will their minds and languages change when notions taken for granted like ‘up’ and ‘down’ or ‘day’ and ‘night’ no longer make intuitive sense? How will their environment look, feel, and operate? Will social structures revert to those of our ancestors when people start living in smaller groups, again?
- The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each.
- Open to High school senior, undergraduate or graduate student;
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Be enrolled full-time in an academic institution between Jan 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018
- Write an essay on “Our life on a spaceship: the future of mankind”
- Essay length is 500-1000 words
- Submit your essay via online form
- The winners will be announced January 4, 2019, on the CGTrader blog and notified directly via email provided upon the registration